Extended Warranty Companies

If you have a recent model, there's nothing you can point to. Much has to do with how you treat the bike and how you maintain the bike. The transmission may be the item that has had the most issues in the past, but they seem to be well sorted by now. Electrical gremlins have been dealt with too.

just found off the last owner that my 2015 model has had its gear selector changed already ??
then i got in touch with the shop he got it from,{its been done yes but as a precaution}
and told i have around a years warrantee left any way. :whitstling:

Warranty?

I was offered an extended warranty yesterday when I picked up the Classic. I declined though I can, anytime between yesterday and the end of the 2/unlimited mileage OEM warranty, pick it up.

I'm not a fan of extended warranties on anything deemed reliable. Extended warranties are like term life insurance. When you are dead you don't care anyway.

Run the snot out of the R3, put on some mileage and see what craps out in 2 years and then decide (at least for me). These companies are banking on the majority of applicants never using the benefit and they know that Triumph produces a reliable product which is to their favor.

I should go into the extended warranty business then I'd not have to work.:D
After my 2006 Classic had timing chain issues and the stator took a crap, all just barely covered by the standard warranty and many calls to Triumph plus the fact that it downed my ride for over 3 months while parts were shipped in geez! So on my 2008 Classic I purchased the 5 year extension added to the two year standard giving me 7 years, in that time I have had the ignition and radiator replaced, my shop was questioning the radiator at first till I showed them it was leaking from the back side!!! So not caused by road damage! And that's been it, over 40 K on her and still going strong, oh and I forgot, the ****ed secondary butterflies kept screwing up, it took three attempts to correct the issue and smooth out the motor. So for me it was worth it and for this bike I would do it again.

I bought a warranty from World of Warranty here in the UK. I bought the top package and they promised me everything. I took the bike to Scotland for 6 days last August and covered 1500 miles on it, The day after
I came home I rode the bike into work and the dentent spring broke on it. A local chap who specializes in Triumphs fixed it and I contacted the warranty company and they wouldn't pay up. I would never buy an extended
warranty again but they are just a pile of **** ran by robbing lying bastards. In the end the work to fix the dentent spring and a service cost me £315. The cost per year for the warranty was £120 plus I had to pay the
£80 access. Once bitten twice shy now boys.

I bought a warranty from World of Warranty here in the UK. I bought the top package and they promised me everything. I took the bike to Scotland for 6 days last August and covered 1500 miles on it, The day after
I came home I rode the bike into work and the dentent spring broke on it. A local chap who specializes in Triumphs fixed it and I contacted the warranty company and they wouldn't pay up. I would never buy an extended
warranty again but they are just a pile of **** ran by robbing lying bastards. In the end the work to fix the dentent spring and a service cost me £315. The cost per year for the warranty was £120 plus I had to pay the
£80 access. Once bitten twice shy now boys.

As @mexican and others have said they never seem to cover the things that actually break. With most things I usually pass on extended warranties and take my chances. Save your monthly premium in like a little slush fund instead for if something breaks. If nothing ever breaks you will have a nice down payment for the next bike.:)

Back