Extended Warranty Companies

Rusty:

Bart has the TOR's on his R3 with the cat removed and with my ears it reminds me of a '65 Buick Electra 225 with a hole in the muffler.:D

The pfft, pfft, pfft. pfft, fart, fart of the stock pipes are allright with me. Besides, remember: Loud pipes don't save lives contrary to Hardley riders belief's. Loud pipes piss off the locals who then vote on laws to legislate your vehicle from existence.:D

LOL - I've used something similar -
Loud pipes piss people off - Good ride skills (and helmets) save lives.

I installed the TOR mufflers and they are just what I was looking for.
They're only a little louder than the stock mufflers but that's all I wanted.
Now I can heard the bike, especially when accelerating where as before it was just too quiet for me.
If you want more sound, replacing the cat with the Triumph "off road" cat eliminator will increase the sound but quite a bit although still not render it completely obnoxious. I've heard this combination and like it although I like the idea of retaining the catalytic converter. I live in Calif. and if they start requiring it to be left in place anywhere, California will probably be first :(

As to extended warranties, shop around.
If you have a rapport with a dealer as I do (I own Xchoppers.com and am in the motorcycle parts business), you can beat the hell out of the list price on extended warranties. I purchased a 4 year extension for $500.00. I know they are still making $150.00 so they can't cry. ;)

i'm still debating the issue with myself. i really can't see myself justifying a warranty when the bike has never failed me as yet. still debating though......

greg :confused:

Im new to the forums, but Im more concerned with the loopholes the ext war companies have. If you put on K&Ns or change the exhaust, or add a programmer, are they going to cover anything anyway, or after I throw them $500 + are they going to tell me to piss off because I changed the exhaust or Air fuel ratio or anything for better filters?

Anyone had any experiences with that kind of thing? Or is it just for people that mainly ride stock?

I'm VERY interested in extending the unlimited 2-year factory warranty to 5 years (or more). I did purchase the Triumph Roadside Assistance program for $299 for five years ... no deductable and they come & get you if you break down anywhere in the US ... there is a $350 per occurrence benefit that includes a replacement rear tire if the flat has 1/32" of remaining tread.

What's the easiest way to make this beast sound like a Triumph should? The stock pipes make it sound like a Gold Wing ... has anyone removed baffles?

DGWatts:

Are you in the US?

I am checking to see if this roadside assistance is available in the US since the RAT (Riders Association of Triumph) Packs are only UK at this time.

Thanks for any computer side assistance you may be able to provide.

God bless!!

Michael

Wait until you get a major repair, then call and add the warranty. Would it look fishy if you call one day to order the warranty and the next day you report a $4000.00 repair needed?

A warranty is something the maker of the product offers because they want happy customers. Therefore if the bike breaks the chance that they actually want to make it good is high, again it's worth it to them for owner satisfaction and word of mouth.

Extended warranty isn't a warranty at all, it's breakdown insurance, and while I never have had any or needed to collect on it, I'm sure they're just as eager as any insurance company to reimburse...

Back