Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so rotten photos - I know.

It was an accident - I was doing some R+D for rain deflectors and left the outside wing facing forward. The resulting air rush at ankle level is astonishing. Above 120kph the wings started to rotate to the rear a bit - which indicates the air pressure. A bit of Captain Tolley seals the rubber onto the chrome better. Captain Tolley's - Find and Fix Leaks. Formerly Creeping Crack Cure

IMG_20170827_081458.jpg IMG_20170827_081440.jpg

I'm not getting this either?o_O

It seems to me like there are several bikes out there that are tuned way too lean. This in it's self, is completely understandable given
the fact that we are all able to "monkey" with the ECU using software. But there seems to be some notion that there is one tune for each configuration, i.e. if I have the same mods that you have, my tune should work perfectly in your bike. I just don't think that's the case.
This just isn't the same thing as the old school stuff we used to do. With electronic ignition and fuel injection being controlled by micro chips with feedback loops there can be a wide range of tuning for a given bike where the differences in them could not be detectable by feel or driving alone and the bike could run great at both ends of that range.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I did insert a tune that ran just great and in less than a mile down the road I sensed extreme heat through my moto-port suit. I made a U-turn ran back and took it out and put the old one back in and it ran just as great, no excess heat? BTW I'm averaging around 34 MPG now and I have ridden this latest tune for a year now and been in New York City downtown traffic for 45 min in 102 degree heat and, yes, I was hot all over from not moving and ATGAT but the heat coming off the header was not unusual in my opinion.

Ultimately, without a proper dyno you can't know what you've got going on at this finite control level.

Buying special boots, chaps, heat shields, and asbestos wrapping are all good and well, but masking or ignoring the abnormal condition that your setup is running will eventually cost you a lot more. JMHO

I'm not getting this either?o_O

It seems to me like there are several bikes out there that are tuned way too lean. This in it's self, is completely understandable given
the fact that we are all able to "monkey" with the ECU using software. But there seems to be some notion that there is one tune for each configuration, i.e. if I have the same mods that you have, my tune should work perfectly in your bike. I just don't think that's the case.
This just isn't the same thing as the old school stuff we used to do. With electronic ignition and fuel injection being controlled by micro chips with feedback loops there can be a wide range of tuning for a given bike where the differences in them could not be detectable by feel or driving alone and the bike could run great at both ends of that range.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I did insert a tune that ran just great and in less than a mile down the road I sensed extreme heat through my moto-port suit. I made a U-turn ran back and took it out and put the old one back in and it ran just as great, no excess heat? BTW I'm averaging around 34 MPG now and I have ridden this latest tune for a year now and been in New York City downtown traffic for 45 min in 102 degree heat and, yes, I was hot all over from not moving and ATGAT but the heat coming off the header was not unusual in my opinion.

Ultimately, without a proper dyno you can't know what you've got going on at this finite control level.

Buying special boots, chaps, heat shields, and asbestos wrapping are all good and well, but masking or ignoring the abnormal condition that your setup is running will eventually cost you a lot more. JMHO

As I've mentioned numerous times my bike has been professionally custom tuned.

The tuner even made the tune slightly rich to help with the heat but to no avail.

I will post a dyno sheet with the air fuel when I get time.

Not knocking anything but motorcycle boots are not my cup of tea i would rather fry my leg than wear them. now a nice heat shield set up would be nice but it would have to look good, with the different temps with the various pipes I wonder if the material used in the construction plays a factor?

Which color did you go for - Macho Biker Black or your inner Pink?;):p:D

Ballet%20Shoes.png

Regarding canned tunes vs custom dyno tunes I noted a while back a post by Wayne Tripp about fuel injectors. He tested several injectors and they all gave the same reading when fully open but there was a noticeable difference at partial openings which is probably the main reason that a dyno tune is better than borrowing a tune from a bike with a similar set up.

And don't forget the mini shield positioned at the closest approach of the legs.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fmf-040231

My CES headers with optional Black ceramic heat shield attached with bosses during manufacture as ordered. These can be had in Silver ceramic as well.

I used the stock Roadster one painted black on mine to cover header to crossover connection. Had to use a Stainless Steel hose clamp at front of it though as matching fitting not on CES.

upload_2017-8-30_2-40-49.png

Have a 2010 Roadster and I'm running the CES with aftermarket hi-flow crossover and mufflers with PCV & AT and a personal HansO installed tune where he downloaded, adjusted everything to suit and is has run fine for nearly 10,000 km without adjustment. They do get hot in summer in very slow moving traffic or at the lights as expected but not unbearably so.

Have a 2010 Roadster and I'm running the CES with aftermarket hi-flow crossover and mufflers with PCV & AT and a personal HansO installed tune where he downloaded, adjusted everything to suit and is has run fine for nearly 10,000 km without adjustment. They do get hot in summer in very slow moving traffic or at the lights as expected but not unbearably so.
I'll be honest... I wish I would have went with the CES.

@Super D. I have a quick question about your bike not sure if you mentioned the milesge it not. But I was curious as to whether it has had and timming chain work or valve shimming. Or any other work that would relax the timing chain to perform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back