Engine warning light

Call before you go in to get codes read. Due to the China virus, alot of chains aren't reading codes, testing batteries, changing wiper blades etc. All depends on the chain and the location. Around my way, nobody is doing it.

I had a similar situation on my 2009 R3T, it reset several times as you describe, then it moved to going into default (limp home) mode. I got the code read at my dealer and it was the temperature sensor. I replaced it and have had no further issues. It is possible, but difficult to replace without removing the oil tank.

Call before you go in to get codes read. Due to the China virus, alot of chains aren't reading codes, testing batteries, changing wiper blades etc. All depends on the chain and the location. Around my way, nobody is doing it.
I'll do all the above for anyone in my area, although I do charge for changing cycle wiper blades 🤣

Your post is a little confusing - at least to me. Are you talking Check Engine Light or Oil Pressure Light? If it's an intermittent Oil Pressure light, here's a thread w/ a few other '15 R3Ts with oil pressure issues:

The light is Red, a oil can symbo...orum to be a better, quicker reference guide.
Thanks. I’ll try out the reader. I’ll follow up And leave a note tonight.
well I used my OBD II reader. I think I bought mine for $25 and three gum wrappers! I finally got the systems working together. Once I remembered how to erase the fault,it. Worked. The red light went out and the engine seized up! I swear as soon as the idiot light went dark, the engine shutdown. Crazy but the light stayed out, Ill see what happens...

I never clear codes with engine running. don,t think it would hurt it
for most codes the engine off key on
try it without reader plugged in.
on some cars and trucks it resets the ecu and takes a while to relearn
on r3 i dont know if it ever does that.

I'm a bit confused. What program were you using when you cleared the codes on the Rocket... Tune ECU or .. what???

Can you clear the Rocket's codes with a simple OBD 11 reader without TuneECU??

Back