Engine warning light

Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
My 2015 Rocket 3 Touring is showing the Engine alarm light off and on. rpm has no effect. If the low oil alarm is on, the engine doesn’t knock or show any adverse signs. I bought the bike with 2400 miles on the odometer. I rode the bike 2,000 miles this year. If the alarm is on, I can turn off the engine and start the bike and the alarm will be off. No logical correlation to it. Obviously, it catches your eye. I’ve read about this on our forum in a the past. I remember the discussion seemed to center on the wire from the gauges running to the back of the engine. Something about a bad connection, or bad unit. I’ve raised the tank, but getting to the connection, isn’t possible. How far do I have to go removing stuff? Then exactly how do I get at the connection? If one of you Captains who have done this can give me a nudge I would appreciate it.

Ya it would be nice if you could read or get code read by someone. I believe the only wiring problems on a touring that I can remember is the one running under the floor board rail left side like maybe from the side stand swwitch. It was @Boog , he be along now that he has been summoned. Only other thing I remember is a problem with turn signals inside the light cup. But I do not think its got anything to do with your immediate problems.

around here auto zone will read the engine codes for free.
the connector is under the seat.
the obd II codes is p0001 to p1000
manufacturer codes is p1001 to p1999
good luck guessing two thousand problems.
the manuals have a section that covers the basic problem codes might help look for manual in @idk thread.

Your post is a little confusing - at least to me. Are you talking Check Engine Light or Oil Pressure Light? If it's an intermittent Oil Pressure light, here's a thread w/ a few other '15 R3Ts with oil pressure issues:

Hello @Chip. That is an amazingly low mileage bike for it age. Do you know if it still has the OEM battery? If so, that may be the issue or it may be cables corroding or loose. Give them a good cleaning and tighten the heck out of them and let us know if that improved anything thing.

AutoZone will check for codes free and check your battery while you are there.

Ya it would be nice if you could read or get code read by someone. I believe the only wiring problems on a touring that I can remember is the one running under the floor board rail left side like maybe from the side stand swwitch. It was @Boog , he be along now that he has been summoned. Only other thing I remember is a problem with turn signals inside the light cup. But I do not think its got anything to do with your immediate problems.
I have a 12 pin auto reader. Will this work with a Rocket?

Th
I have a 12 pin auto reader. Will this work with a Rocket?
The obd II connecter is a 16 pin connector but i do not know how many pins it uses If it looks like it fits it will more than likely it will work.
If it is the older chev reader it will not work.

Th
The obd II connecter is a 16 pin connector but i do not know how many pins it uses If it looks like it fits it will more than likely it will work.
If it is the older chev reader it will not work.
Thanks. I’ll try out the reader. I’ll follow up And leave a note tonight.

Hello @Chip. That is an amazingly low mileage bike for it age. Do you know if it still has the OEM battery? If so, that may be the issue or it may be cables corroding or loose. Give them a good cleaning and tighten the heck out of them and let us know if that improved anything thing
AutoZone will check for codes free and check your battery while you are there.

Back