Engine Simulation

And don't forget VW and every other manufacturer know it!
And bike mfrs are starting to find out too. A remarkable number of 100% fully original and correctly serviced EU4 bikes are failing their MoT's. Mainly exhausts. There is suspicion that contaminants in fuel are damaging Cats - and/or substandard Cats. I first heard about this in July. But it is starting to become an issue. So much so that there are proposed changes to the law to cover it. One is that the Cat's will have to be bigger.

And bike mfrs are starting to find out too. A remarkable number of 100% fully original and correctly serviced EU4 bikes are failing their MoT's. Mainly exhausts. There is suspicion that contaminants in fuel are damaging Cats - and/or substandard Cats. I first heard about this in July. But it is starting to become an issue. So much so that there are proposed changes to the law to cover it. One is that the Cat's will have to be bigger.
Will this one do?:D
maine-coon-longest-cat-in-world.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-18_22-34-9.gif
    upload_2018-11-18_22-34-9.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 3
  • upload_2018-11-18_22-34-22.gif
    upload_2018-11-18_22-34-22.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 3
  • upload_2018-11-18_22-34-49.gif
    upload_2018-11-18_22-34-49.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 4
Last edited:
Luv the cat holder...But my question is, does the computer retard the timing on start up? Especially with a high compression engine. May be a dumb question, but thought I would ask. Bet you go through a lot of starters! Ever thought about a "pony" motor to start it with? Good luck with your program

I've purchased licenses for Engine Analyzer Plus and Pipemax. If anyone would like numbers run please let me know, I think I've nailed down the numbers on the Rocket 3 motor pretty well within the software and have replicated a CES+RAMAIR setup and my setup pretty closely in the software, it over predicts torque by about 4-5% percent, but the curve shapes are fairly close.

Here's an example of the CES and my Motor, its never going to be perfect, simulation vs reality, but its not terribly far off:

Engines.png
Hi Big guy" I must say that watching you go through all the different specs and analyzing H/P and torque is a special, important and unique passion; So having said that, if following one's bliss is a secret toward success, who could argue with that. More power to ya, and "Be Safe!

Luv the cat holder...But my question is, does the computer retard the timing on start up? Especially with a high compression engine. May be a dumb question, but thought I would ask. Bet you go through a lot of starters! Ever thought about a "pony" motor to start it with? Good luck with your program

That's one of the reasons for going bigger cam. My cranking compression is so high the bike can't be started when cold on a single battery. I use a Micro-Start jump box for the first start of the day, once warmed up the bike starts fine.

When the bigger cam goes in, the cranking comp will drop some and hopefully resolve the issue.

Back