Engine Simulation

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
I've purchased licenses for Engine Analyzer Plus and Pipemax. If anyone would like numbers run please let me know, I think I've nailed down the numbers on the Rocket 3 motor pretty well within the software and have replicated a CES+RAMAIR setup and my setup pretty closely in the software, it over predicts torque by about 4-5% percent, but the curve shapes are fairly close.

Here's an example of the CES and my Motor, its never going to be perfect, simulation vs reality, but its not terribly far off:

Engines.png

Now that is an interesting bit of software. Now how does it do the calculations. answers in purely lay mans or complete luddite terminology only please

It uses a large database of math to determine outcomes, an inexpensive version of what OEMs use when designing an engine.

Here's what I'm working towards with new cams and a plenum added, teal/red is current, blue/green is the goal. The update runs much lower cylinder pressures, so less detonation prone, easier to start, and smoother all while making more...everywhere:
Optimal.jpg

Less cylinder pressure when? Less static compression? Cylinder pressure is horsepower so you need it. How fast it rises, where it peaks, and how fast it falls off during the power stroke is key.

Have used Engine Analyzer Pro for a long time. It uses some simulation math, some rules of thumb, and customer feed back to help keep it real and affordable. The "real simulation software" is way more than you or I could run on even the most serious work station you or I could have if even if we could afford the software.

I'll say this, mate. You are obsessed.

Around these parts it would be termed.....

' Slam eat up with with it' :laugh:

Looking forward to future posts Rob. Always a good read when the gurus here go off an a tear :thumbsup:

Less cylinder pressure when? Less static compression? Cylinder pressure is horsepower so you need it. How fast it rises, where it peaks, and how fast it falls off during the power stroke is key.

Have used Engine Analyzer Pro for a long time. It uses some simulation math, some rules of thumb, and customer feed back to help keep it real and affordable. The "real simulation software" is way more than you or I could run on even the most serious work station you or I could have if even if we could afford the software.

Cranking comp will fall a good bit. The 235 cranking PSI I currently have explains why 1 battery, no matter how charged, absolutely cannot spring the motor over, even with the upgraded starter. Put a little jump box on and spins over like a top.

Found this out because the second battery had to be removed to make space for .... other things :p

And don't forget VW and every other manufacturer know it! I bet VW et al are still amazed they got caught. The problem was of course 'A secret shared is no longer a secret!' ;):D:eek::roll::roll:

Back