Dyno results from today

My dyno can as well Ulf. Do you switch off the motor when you do negative HP test? The factory probably don't have the headlight blazing etc as well when they test the engine power. I have not done the test on a rocket. Maybe I will.

With my p4-dyno it is quite simple.
At the end of the run I just pull the clutch lever. I don´t switch off the engine.
The computer does the math. It can show rwhp and clutch-hp.
What Triumph gives you is crank-hp.
It is simply clutch-hp +2%. (That is how EU regulations define it with a gear primary drive).

I called the tuner who did mine. He said the BHP reading was at the wheel. He did state that it shouldn't be taken too literally as it can differ somewhat on different machines or even on the same machine with a different mechanic and conditions, how it's strapped to the machine etc. He refers to it to see what improvements he is making to the map rather than absolute figures at the end. It's an indication rather than a undisputable figure. As long as the figures are getting better with each tweak to the map then it's going in the right direction.

IMG_0570.JPG Am game for a comparison test between CES and Paul's system:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Might be cheating a little after i order the new cams next week.;););););););)

Back