Dumb ass maintenance problem- sorted?

Hi all,
My 2014 roadster has a foreign object in the oil tank (don't ask what or how- I want to stay married).
Have been trying to download a manual to check how to remove fuel & oil tanks but so far only ones I've found want to install other software or ask for payment without me being able to check out the usefulness of the info first. Can anyone help?

Have you tried a magnet pen and go fishing in the tank?

Im a cheap f.u.c.k.e.r. harbor freight

20190316_081512.jpg

Just curious how did you realize it was in the oil tank. Did it block the hole while you were draining out the oil ?? :unsure:
From the first post I'm thinking wete not going to find out in fact if its going to jeopardize his happy bliss I can live without knowing lets get er fixed :D

From the first post I'm thinking wete not going to find out in fact if its going to jeopardize his happy bliss I can live without knowing lets get er fixed :D
I guess using a magnet is out of the question unless it's magnet compatible and then the shoes on the other foot.:eek::laugh:;)

Last edited:
I have had to use a shaft with heavy wheel bearing grease to stick something to it.
might try alligator forceps.
we use a gismo it has four fingers on the end and a button on the other end to work the fingers.
is the gismo the answer to the dumb as$ question:laugh: we will C

I would try a syphoning tool that you use to remove oil from trannies, differentials. Stick in the tank and give it a pull, pulls everything into the barrel. It looks like a grease gun but works in reverse. I've used this several times mostly in diffs that have the drain plug to tight.

Last edited:
Back