Major maintenance coming up.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
I really enjoy working on my bike. It is one thing to take your bike to a shop and have someone else work on it and it is a totally a different world of satisfaction to do the work yourself and come out with good results. A manual and some help on here from the right people and your good to go. Some carry on about high performance and how high their dyno is. Not interested. What i concentrate on is keeping the bike running good all the way around. In the past i have tried to post a on going maintenance project on the bike and it ended in disaster. Way to many interruptions and stupid commits destroyed the tread. So this time i plan on doing the required maintenance and taking pics from start to finish with a good narrative included. Upcoming maintenance will be a Valve Check and adjustment if required along with front fork fluid change. Plus a check and adjustment on steering bearings along with a lube job on respected bearings. Plan on replacing the fuel filter with respected required maintenance. One thing to keep in mind I have 67,000 thousand miles on a 2015 rocket X bought new in Oct. 2015. I am the original owner and the bike has never seen a shop. Spent a great deal of time studying and asking questions about the Rocket three. Almost five years of learning. Pretty good working on a Harley never thought i would reach a level were the rocket knowledge surpassed that. No short cuts or baloney.

I really enjoy working on my bike. It is one thing to take your bike to a shop and have someone else work on it and it is a totally a different world of satisfaction to do the work yourself and come out with good results. A manual and some help on here from the right people and your good to go. Some carry on about high performance and how high their dyno is. Not interested. What i concentrate on is keeping the bike running good all the way around. In the past i have tried to post a on going maintenance project on the bike and it ended in disaster. Way to many interruptions and stupid commits destroyed the tread. So this time i plan on doing the required maintenance and taking pics from start to finish with a good narrative included. Upcoming maintenance will be a Valve Check and adjustment if required along with front fork fluid change. Plus a check and adjustment on steering bearings along with a lube job on respected bearings. Plan on replacing the fuel filter with respected required maintenance. One thing to keep in mind I have 67,000 thousand miles on a 2015 rocket X bought new in Oct. 2015. I am the original owner and the bike has never seen a shop. Spent a great deal of time studying and asking questions about the Rocket three. Almost five years of learning. Pretty good working on a Harley never thought i would reach a level were the rocket knowledge surpassed that. No short cuts or baloney.
Sonny, That's very good of you. I'm ready to dive into the valves for the first time as soon as the weather starts to get crappy here in NE. Welcome any guidance on that.

I need to get the bike ready for winter. Spring maintenance is important but winter maintenance not done you could end up on the side of the road frozen to death. Or worse frostbite. That ain't no fun.

I have done it a few times ;););););) more than happy to post a through guideline that works including how to place the valve cover gasket on so it will not leak a few 100 miles later.
Love to have that info my 07 valve train noise? Along with clutch overhall i have 35k miles i fi have a manual shop wants $500 ti adjust valves plus cost if plugs idk

I for one will look forward to this...thanks in advance!

Back