Dumb ass maintenance problem- sorted?

RoleyRocket

.020 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
Hi all,
My 2014 roadster has a foreign object in the oil tank (don't ask what or how- I want to stay married).
Have been trying to download a manual to check how to remove fuel & oil tanks but so far only ones I've found want to install other software or ask for payment without me being able to check out the usefulness of the info first. Can anyone help?

Thanks for all suggestions. Today I purchased a USB camera for use with my laptop. Includes LED, tools & has 7 metres of flexible cable. Can't wait to finish draining oil & have a look tomorrow :sneaky::)

Last edited:
Hi all,
My 2014 roadster has a foreign object in the oil tank (don't ask what or how- I want to stay married).
Have been trying to download a manual to check how to remove fuel & oil tanks but so far only ones I've found want to install other software or ask for payment without me being able to check out the usefulness of the info first. Can anyone help?
I have to ask what is the foreign object? might be able to get it out without pulling the tank. Which is not hard. But first I would drain the tank oil so its not in the way then we can see if its hung up on the baffle or pipe? the front left drain plug is just for the tank.

Here is the manual and other stuff.

Before removing the tank I would go with @warp9.9's suggestion and drain the oil from the tank and then try to get it out. A wire coat hanger with the end bent into a hook may help. A long pair of tweezers or a long medical clamp could also be useful. I am guessing that a magnet won't help much.

Also, are you absolutely sure that it fell into the tank and not between it and the engine?

Back