Does Triumph build Rocket 2020's in UK?

@Larry_M This is from the Free Motorcycle Identification Number (VIN) Decoder & Lookup - Cyclepedia page:

Note: In 1981, the United States National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) initiated a standardized 17-character VIN. The letters I, i, O, o, Q, and q are never to be used so as to avoid confusion with numerals 1 and 0.

These 17 characters are divided up into three groups: World Manufacturer Identifier, Vehicle Descriptor Section, and Vehicle Identifier Section. Let’s break each character down so you can better understand what each stands for.

Character 1
The first character of the VIN tells us which region the motorcycle was manufactured in. For example a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 indicates your motorcycle was made in North America while J, K, L, M, N, P, or R means it was made in Asia.

Character 2
The second character, when combined with the first character denotes which country the motorcycle was manufactured in. It’s not uncommon to find a BMW motorcycle made in Mexico or a Japanese ATV made in Canada.

Character 3
The third character is used by powersports manfacturers to identify the vehicle type. It could be a motorcycle, ATV or scooter. Not every manufacturer uses the same codes.

Characters 4 – 9
These characters are known as the Vehicle Descriptor Section. Characters 4 through 8 provide information about the model, engine size and body style options. Not every manufacturer uses the same codes. Character 9 is a check digit that is used to determine if the VIN is correct. It is calculated from the entire VIN through the use of a Weight Factor Table.

Characters 10 – 17
These characters are known as the Vehicle Identifier Section. The 10th character indicates the marketing model year of the vehicle, not to be confused with the year of production. For example a 2014 Honda CBR600RR most likely has a date of production in 2013 – it was produced for the 2014 marketing year. Characters 11 through 17 indicate the assembly facility, available options and the production number as it rolled off the assembly line.

There should be no difference in quality wherever manufactured as during a tour of the Hinckley factory, our host shared that every employee in their overseas factory(s) has have been trained at Hinkley. For the purist, I guess a "British bike" particularly Triumph's retro-range, ought to be made in "Great Britain".
I believe the attraction of overseas manufacture to Triumph is something tied to country of origin/manufacture and import duties into various countries.

Just assumed my new GT was manufactured in England, however a VIN lookup reveals point of mfg in CHONBURI, THAILAND. So I guess my last truly British bike was my cherished and long sold Norton Commando. Just one of a long list of bikes I wished I'd retained but not being Jay Leno couldn't afford a garage with a staff.
The two bikes I had together before this were BMW and MotoGuzzi, both made entirely in their respective countries. I think as mentioned earlier excellent engineering and strict quality control at the point of mfg are probably the best hope for a really good bike.

Back