Does Triumph build Rocket 2020's in UK?

the site i found says "s" is for europe and "t" after it is for gb. my 08 starts with that.
All the discussion over where our bikes are built and given mine was apparently birthed in Thailand, I looked up a Triumph factory video on their build facilities in Thailand. I feel better, as I've personally toured factories for premium over the road diesel tractors (trucks) as well as the same for diesel pusher RV's. Looks like Triumph made a quality effort. See what you all think.

All the discussion over where our bikes are built and given mine was apparently birthed in Thailand, I looked up a Triumph factory video on their build facilities in Thailand. I feel better, as I've personally toured factories for premium over the road diesel tractors (trucks) as well as the same for diesel pusher RV's. Looks like Triumph made a quality effort. See what you all think.

This was great. Thanks for sharing.

Looks very confident inspiring indeed. Not that i was expecting bamboo sheds.. :)

Does anyone have a definitive answer yet to where Triumph are building the new Rockets? I've tried multiple VIN sites and not one of them has been correct so far. The VIN number I've tried is SMTYBG11J5Lxxxxxx.

Does anyone have a definitive answer yet to where Triumph are building the new Rockets? I've tried multiple VIN sites and not one of them has been correct so far. The VIN number I've tried is SMTYBG11J5Lxxxxxx.
When I placed the order for mine in January, I was told by the dealer that it was made in Thailand. Add this information to the fact that the UK site at Hinkley no longer makes mass produced bikes anymore (only TFC models), I would say the dealer was correct. This subject has been discussed on the triumphratnet forum and it seems that the VIN code in the US and UK run different formats, as shown on the charts earlier in this discussion. I don't think the non US VIN numbers show where our bikes are made. At the end of the day the bikes may be built in Thailand but they are built to Triumphs quality standards, so does it really matter? I would go as far to say that the Thai's probably take more pride in their work and have better working ethics than the Brit's, no more dodgy Friday afternoon bikes!

Back