does it ever end

it's 6" longer peter.
1" wider.
spacers will take care of the 1".
The 6" shouldn't hurt anything,
I always ran 6 over on my hogs and it never hurt them.
Got 6" dogbone risers to go with the springer.
TC, you "might" have a point about missing the HD thing.
after all, she does have harley mirrors, harley risers, and harley roadking bars on her.
i gotta admit, harley does have way more options for stuff,
like handlebars and risers, an grips than triumph does.
Sometimes ya just gotta take what ya can get and make it work....
Wife asked how I liked my exhaust now, told her I liked it fine.
she said it still don't sound like a harley.....
It sounds way better .......;)

I'm waiting for the finished product before I give an opinion . Really looking forward to seeing skips creation the man definitely has imagination. Not sure if ill like it or not but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the beast . Good onya skip for going your own way ;)

I'm waiting for the finished product before I give an opinion . Really looking forward to seeing skips creation the man definitely has imagination. Not sure if ill like it or not but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the beast . Good onya skip for going your own way ;)

guys do you realise that the 2009 springer only weighs 8kg less than a 2010 roadster with abs. now drop the 14.3 kg that the standard exhaust weighs and walla...you dont have to stress about it crushing. Fact is me sitting on my bike weigh in 37kg lighter than a mate of mine on his springer. And i can tell you loud and clear the way bowser punts that thing around the twisties gives most blokes on most bike a real hard time keeping up with him. Obviously he's scrapping when the sports fellas have got more to go...truth is they mostly cant ride.

point is here, that if skip knows what he is doing, it might work. i cant say everyone likes a matt black stealthed out bike but i love mine. so beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

i agree with TC on the suspension bit, personally i prefer gutting the standard forks and improving the performance, im not convinced the springer setup is the best performance upgrade available but i don't think believe skip is after that, i reckon he's wanting the most unique bike around. i say good on him.

skip you go for it mate, BUT, you go around making out all rockets look that way and i'll hunt ya down:D:D:D

Very Elequantly Put Ponters, And I like Mitch are looking forward to seeing the finished result.

it's 6" longer peter.
1" wider.
spacers will take care of the 1".
The 6" shouldn't hurt anything,
I always ran 6 over on my hogs and it never hurt them.
Got 6" dogbone risers to go with the springer.
TC, you "might" have a point about missing the HD thing.
after all, she does have harley mirrors, harley risers, and harley roadking bars on her.
i gotta admit, harley does have way more options for stuff,
like handlebars and risers, an grips than triumph does.
Sometimes ya just gotta take what ya can get and make it work....
Wife asked how I liked my exhaust now, told her I liked it fine.
she said it still don't sound like a harley.....
It sounds way better .......;)

Thats the one thing that ****s me about Trumpy. finding bits is a challenge whereas you can buy so much for a Harley. kinda makes it special though when you see something different. kinda gets rid of the old buy it, try it bin it that you do with other brands. Gotta say that 'blinds' company makes some pretty good bits too.

Still would have to wear a space suit and balaclava before i rode one but not bad for a bag of **** held together by bolts.

Xhdskip, Pipes look awesome!! Front end idea........ well, best not to say anything! But lots of luck with it.

Well Skip Ive been looking at these things you posted for a couple of weeks now :(
Just can't get the head around that springer thing at all....:confused:

Please..Just take care mate you are a valuable asset to all of us, we don't wanna loose ya just yet, I don't wanna spoil ya plans but these things bite pretty badly if ya let em.

We know you have experience but we care about ya Skip...OK :)

JMO..

Skip ... most seem to think that springers going to a serious ' HEALTH RISK ' ... i just thought it would give you a bone-jarring ride and screw up your handling. Diplomatic crew though aren't they :p

My main concern is based on the fact that the Rocket is hard on front tyres so it is obiviously loading up the front a lot and I would hate see You get excessive flex in the front end, causeing the front to step out but hey I ain't no expert, maybe they are stiffer than they look in pictures, Just Stay Safe Brother

Back