does it ever end

xhdskip

Living Legend
well, I posted these pics in the moly thread
but since not everybody will see them there,
I'll start another thread here with the latest
mods and soon to be additions.
Here's my new 2.5" exhaust pipes mounted to Jardine headers.
Now true, they need heat shields, but I wanted to ride and hear it,
so figured that could wait a little while, they'll come later.

next is my new (old) springer.

will compliment the sissybar I think.
A matching set of highway pegs will be next
after I get the springer mounted.
Well, what do you guys think?
good? Bad? or no opinion?

Nice to see you are still polishing the bike Skip:D one thing I love about you Skip you march to your own drum beat, I think the exhaust looks pretty neat and the springer is getting mounted to your sissy bar? will also look pretty cool.
Keep the good work going Skip.

No silly he said it compliments his sissy bar as in it is the same twisted style. Come to think of it that explains Skip he he... Just kiddin Skip can't wait to see it Finnish and also after you paint it that awesome Red you were telling me about ;)

well, I posted these pics in the moly thread
but since not everybody will see them there,
I'll start another thread here with the latest
mods and soon to be additions.
Here's my new 2.5" exhaust pipes mounted to Jardine headers.
Now true, they need heat shields, but I wanted to ride and hear it,
so figured that could wait a little while, they'll come later.

next is my new (old) springer.

will compliment the sissybar I think.
A matching set of highway pegs will be next
after I get the springer mounted.
Well, what do you guys think?
good? Bad? or no opinion?

Mate, I'm just impressed with your photo showing the sissy bar lent up against the lounge! My wife won't let me park my Rocket in the house any more!:)

Do you think maybe you're missing your HD Skip ... a springer on a Rocket III . Know most on here will say the ' politically correct thing' but i could not think of a worse addition to a Rocket ... Wilbers internals yes .... a springer !!!!! :cool: Just my opinion though.

I think there is a reason all modern bikes have forks instead of a springer , I hope you don't like to ride hard through the twisty corners . But it will look original , you can do anything you like to your own bike as long as you like it thats all that should matter.:)

All I ask is you take care till you have it all sorted!!! and there is no shame if you realise you made a mistake and go back to the Original set up I am sure you can add lots of other twisted metal things that are not structurally important.
We want to keep you in one piece OK Mr Skip so take care

Skip, Im sorry but its not my thing Mate............Im sure all will be ok, has that set up been engineered for the R3 by an automotive engineer? I love that you do your own thing, thats what makes YOU - YOU.....But I do have my concerns for the strutcural integrity of that front end under bid load:confused:, whateva you do mate be safe for your own good and the people arround you brother!!!

Hey Skip, I reckon your pipes look awesome and the springer idea looks great too. I hear what the guys are sayin though and the Rocket bein a big heavy bike maybe they have a point. Still alot people told me you could not run a car tyre on a bike too and they were wrong, so just try it and if it works then great and if not well dont kill yourself. You can always change it back. ;)

guys do you realise that the 2009 springer only weighs 8kg less than a 2010 roadster with abs. now drop the 14.3 kg that the standard exhaust weighs and walla...you dont have to stress about it crushing. Fact is me sitting on my bike weigh in 37kg lighter than a mate of mine on his springer. And i can tell you loud and clear the way bowser punts that thing around the twisties gives most blokes on most bike a real hard time keeping up with him. Obviously he's scrapping when the sports fellas have got more to go...truth is they mostly cant ride.

point is here, that if skip knows what he is doing, it might work. i cant say everyone likes a matt black stealthed out bike but i love mine. so beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

i agree with TC on the suspension bit, personally i prefer gutting the standard forks and improving the performance, im not convinced the springer setup is the best performance upgrade available but i don't think believe skip is after that, i reckon he's wanting the most unique bike around. i say good on him.

skip you go for it mate, BUT, you go around making out all rockets look that way and i'll hunt ya down:D:D:D

Back