Does anybody understand "linkback"

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
Every once in a while I get a "linkback". Does anybody know how that all works ? The last one I got came from the Swedish R3 site and is in Svenska I believe.

I just googled it there is quiet a bit of information there .it seem s to me people just feeding of your information and using it on other web sites .thats my limited understanding of it

Just dont ever click on a lonely blond 40 something housewife link,I have one that has been following me for 2 months.
The kogan phone link is another you can never shake off.

I must clean out the cache and delete the cookies and see if that will kill her and that pesky **** phone ad.

It's all greek to me...but I do know your search engine rankings improve when your site is mentioned on other sites, so any site that links to r3owners is going to help r3owners rank. Linkbacks figure in that somehow....I reckon just talking about certain are going to make webcrawlers take notice and boost some kinds of sites.

As mentioned in a previous post... basically someone linked to something you have posted. Typically done on sites with more social media integration.

Haven't heard from, or seen, Zimtuff for a long while - gotta be 12 months since our last ride i reckon

Back