When Someone Else Does It........

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
......names your bike that is.

On both my Rockets I’ve had difficulty naming them. Nothing just hit me and seemed right. On some of my other bikes their names just came to me with no difficulty but not on the Rockets. A good name means something and describes the machine or how it makes you feel.

I’ve seen some great names on here and few just stand out. Boog has Brahma which is is perfect for his bike describing how it looks, it’s power and shear mass. Rob’s Mufasa clearly speaks of the lionly King like power. Love these two.

So on my 2014 Model R3R a young buddy told me one day, “ that’s a Cod Rocket”. Perfect it stuck and does describe a 200+hp machine.

So today at the bottom of the Cherohala Skyway an elderly lady rider comes over and says,” that’s a huge little bike”. :rolleyes: After I got back on the road it hit me, it completely describes the bike so the new name is, Da Big Little. It rolls off the tongue well and the bike is my smallest lightest bike but has the biggest motor. It looks both small and big at the same time. It handles like a little but runs like a big.

Introducing Da Big Little. Today for the fist time on the Cherohala.

7BD47FE6-7774-46B2-92AC-C23CA26E9E9F.jpeg

I have never thought about naming any of my bikes also never understood why people do???????? but hell if you buy it you can call it whatever you want, Mel get that helmet off the seat before it falls off:roll:
That was perfect helmet placement. If not it would have fallen off.:laugh::laugh::laugh: I always hang it on the left mirror.;)

Naming objects is common especially with boats. I recall you posted the same thing in the other older thread.:sleep: I’ll name your bike for you. How about, The Nanny Goat ?

I can't quite find the right name for my bike either, despite doing so for most of my previous bikes. The 2007 Bonneville that started this renewed love affair with bikes when I was in my 50s was named Delilah Jane - perfect!

But the Roadster still eludes me. I've had some potential names that would fit based on the color, but hope to one day paint her, so... For now, she's simply "The Black," as in Black Beauty.

All my bikes are female, of course.

I can't quite find the right name for my bike either, despite doing so for most of my previous bikes. The 2007 Bonneville that started this renewed love affair with bikes when I was in my 50s was named Delilah Jane - perfect!

But the Roadster still eludes me. I've had some potential names that would fit based on the color, but hope to one day paint her, so... For now, she's simply "The Black," as in Black Beauty.

All my bikes are female, of course.
If the name is not right it just can not be applied.

Back