Decel popping or steady throttle popping, tuneboy

Thanks for the info. Tuneboy is on the way. Later for the PC3 if needed. There is a Dynojet tuner 7 miles from me. I will fiddle with the tuneboy first next week. Planning a small trip to the R.O.T. rally in Austin this weekend. I am going with a bunch of old hardly buds. They get somewhat annoyed with the popping from my TORS since they all seem to end up behind me. Everyone has been a big help, I feel there is hope for the Beast now.

Pig9r,
After I play with tuneboy I may want to rent your PC3. No use buying one to use for one day and then put it back in the box.

Got my Tuneboy. No problems with install and key. Noticed while getting familiar with use that TPS reading fluctuated. Found the screw and locknut with the yellow paint on the primary throttle stop was loose and backed out about 3 turns. Should have let the dealer fix but it was Sat and they were closed until Tues and I could not resist. Adjusted the screw and voltage but need to adjust idle stepper thing. Loaded 20050-2 tune and installed the Power Commander O2 eliminator (76423016). Forgot to uncheck the O2 box before loading tune. I did change idle speed to 850. After 12 minute tune went for a short test run. Engine runs much better, still need some fine tuning, greatly reduced the popping and farting. Did notice at low idle the engine has a noticeable lope which smoothes out with any throttle movement. I see the dyno in the future.

Reply to self...check everything. No matter which tune I have tried the "steady throttle" pop studder remains at different rpm (2000-2800 rpm). Reading about throttle body sync when numbers were mentioned they differ from what I have. I could sync 1 and 2 and could vary 3 but not get close and 1 and 2 would change. Found the MAP hose not connected to 3. Repaired this and all is smooth and wonderfull. Tuneboy screen now shows 450, 452, 450 now. I have had this issue from new. The engine ran very well from 20% to WOT. I added 10 and 15% to the L1,L2,L3 tables and did the bottom row changes. Smooth accel and decel currently with O2 box unchecked and PC O2 eliminator installed.

coil wires need cleaning

Ah yes, coil connections;) I had this long standing (many many months) very faint cruise speed surge/power loss sensation; then, just after this post began my FBG began bucking and farting at cruise speed. I was thinking it was the unbalanced Throttle Bodies. A wise captain said to check the coil wires (12volt). Lo and behold; I cleaned up both low voltage wires to each coil and all is well with nary a miss.

Back