rash_powder

Supercharged
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring
What is the difference between these pipes? I don't mean manufacturer and such, but physically what makes them different.

I have TORS mounted now, and have had them off and looked in them. They are just glass packs as far as I can tell. Is that not what the D&Ds are?

Aside from sound and remove able baffles, why should I want to get a set?

I am considering burning the glass out of my TORS, or possibly drilling the corrugated pipe loose and removing all of the guts. If done right it would be reinstallable with a few tack welds.

Thanks!

I've never had Tors, but did have D&Ds for a bit. Sounds like they are the pretty much the same, fiberglass packed. The D&Ds can be repacked so I'm guessing the TORS can be as well. Do you really want that a Touring bike that is that loud? The R3 motor is not a very pleasant sounding motor, especially with that windscreen which tends to amplify the sound. I ended up installing baffles in my Jardines to quiet things down a bit.

I just ran into John at a CMA Rally in Hiawassee, Georgia. He is running the Jardine Exhaust. My TORs sounded weak next to his. Really deep sound. They sounded awesome.

Last edited:
Not looking for loud in the sense of earplugs and people in cars across the median ditch can hear. I just want a little more sound from it. As it stands now, I can barely hear it running around town; highway trips it is silent. I really don't know what it sounds like from anywhere other than the seat.

GPMAZ, the TORS are welded together and as such not repackable. I will have to put a bit of thought into how to get them apart so that they can be somewhat easily returned to normal.

I just ran into John at a CMA Rally in Hiawassee, Georgia. He is running the Jardine Exhaust. My TORs sounded weak next to his. Really deep sound. They sounded awesome.
Jardines sound pretty rude when the bike is sitting next to yours. Try riding them for an hour. Your head will continue to ring for an hour.

Jardines sound pretty rude when the bike is sitting next to yours. Try riding them for an hour. Your head will continue to ring for an hour.

That's precisely why I installed the Big City Thunder baffles. With the tall screen on the R3T and a full face helmet the roar was really fatiguing after a few hours. The baffles made it bearable, but a long trip still makes me wonder if the added power is worth the noise.

It kind of reminds me of the time I put a set of Flowmasters on a Mustang Cobra. Sounded great running up through the gears but the drone on the highway was terrible.

Atleast you guys got some nice exhaust....i am still looking for an afternarket exhaust, damm...i think i will find those 2 convics b4 i find a decent exhaust...smh!

Atleast you guys got some nice exhaust....i am still looking for an afternarket exhaust, damm...i think i will find those 2 convics b4 i find a decent exhaust...smh!
searched my uncles farm this morning @6am in friendship n.y those 2 may not know it but you do not want to be caught by any of those farmers back there

I'm not a huge fan of overly loud pipes. By the time they sound loud to the operator, the bike is hella illegal on the noise levels, and that makes non-riders pissed. There's talk in the US about banning bikes in national parks for instance because mostly the potato-potato dudes (but certainly also ****** rocketeers) ride with essentially straight pipes, to the point where it is messing with the wildlife.

There's a comfortable growl and then there's just antisocial. I really wouldn't mess with it, personally, but that's just me.

I'm not a huge fan of overly loud pipes. By the time they sound loud to the operator, the bike is hella illegal on the noise levels, and that makes non-riders pissed. There's talk in the US about banning bikes in national parks for instance because mostly the potato-potato dudes (but certainly also ****** rocketeers) ride with essentially straight pipes, to the point where it is messing with the wildlife.

There's a comfortable growl and then there's just antisocial. I really wouldn't mess with it, personally, but that's just me.

Dude, in Finland you might do this, but here in the U.S. it would be a bad idea. I've witnessed someone agitating a biker club. Not a pretty site.

Back