Cycle Sounds stereo system

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I went to a comedy show last night.
They had some big name comedians there.
It was a first rate show (not cheap).
At the end of the show, a rap group took the stage and 2/3 of the audience immediately bolted to the doors.
I overheard another attendee say as we were walking towards the door "what a way to clear a room!". :D

MP3 Player Recommendation

Certainly my thanks to you for detailing the installation of a stereo system for the R3 - and, it does seem that you do have a sense of experience in this arena - with the number and variety of MP3 Players on the market, do you favor any particular one model? I am interested in the stereo system which you installed; however, my challenge comes in selecting the MP3 Player - from what I do know, I would want one with a minimum of 8 gb and with an FM tuner - your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I like the idea of listening to tunes anytime. But what concerns me with this system it that you have to have some type of input device ie IPOD MP3 player of some sort. From what I have seen, they all have small buttons to operate the device. I can't see me in gloves trying to operate the thing. Maybe a wreck waiting to happen?
Dave

cjbartley, I currently have a 60G and an 80G Apple Ipod for my musical collections that I use both in the car and on the bike. The jury is still out on the "Cycle Sounds" unit because so far I haven't figured out whether the "optional" volume control will give me more control of the volume of the amplifier or if the current setup with the volume being controlled by the Ipod itself is sufficient. Not sure if I want to spend more money to find out.

As for types of MP3 players, my Ipods work fine, but some feel (and so far I haven't experienced this) that because it (the Ipod) is essentially a hard drive that it can be more susceptible to vibration, bumps in the road, etc... that may cause it to freeze or have issues.

For that reason, if you don't have that big of a collection, I would recommend that you get a "flash" drive type MP3 player that should not be susceptible to those issues. Most of them have from 1 to 8 gigs of room to fill up with your favorite tunes and newer models (I haven't really kept up on this end of it because my Ipods haven't let me down...yet) may have an even greater storage capacity.

In any of these you can inset a number of songs in certain types of libraries that you don't have to fiddle much with while riding. As Trirocketman correctly pointed out it can be a hassle to use those "small" buttons. And unlike the sound system you will find on the latest model of the Gold Wing (80 watts per channel X 4 speakers with auto volume and front to rear fader capability plus the input jack for an MP3 player that utilizes the onboard audio system) that volume you set may be awfully loud when you wind your speed down to stop at a red light.

Sadly if you want an ideal audio system get a Gold Wing, the buttons controlling that system are glove friendly and for all the reasons listed in the above paragraph it is the best system on a motorcycle today.
Dennis

While my "hesitation" problem was going on, I did take the opportunity to replace all six spark plugs and checked the wiring harness for the Cycle Sound System. I found that one of the speaker leads was kind of not connected tight enough, got a good click out of it when I made sure it was in the connector securely and the right speaker hasn't cut out any more.

As far as the sound goes, around town and up to about 65 mph, I get pretty decent sound but above that...depending on how "loud" the tune was loaded into the Ipod, it has a good chance of sometimes being decently audible to 70. I may have to "invest" in that volume switch/knob set up that Cycle Sound offers, when I come back from R&R, to see if that makes a difference.
Dennis

Did you end up tying it to the ignition switch? I just got cycle sounds 3 and am curious which way I should install them. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back