Cycle Sounds stereo system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
I don't know if many of you have heard of the new "Cycle Sounds" stereo system that is out but I went ahead and took one for the team and installed it on my Rocket.

The set up includes a chrome amplifier (50W X's 2), a chrome mounting plate for the amp, an MP3 mounting plate (not much use in my case), two chrome waterproof speakers and a wiring harness and a bag of miscellaneous fasteners and hardware/brackets.

I installed the amplifier on my right fog light mounting bracket after putting a coat of wax on it (to get some kind of protective layer on it), and mounted the speakers on either side of my existing gage cluster on the handlebars.

This was a pretty tight fit but they did go in and I still have room for my, soon to be arriving , "Aquabox" and ram mount and U-bolt set up coming in the mail any day now.

Here is a picture of the chrome pods seen from the front.

And here is the power light on when I have power on to it. Currently I have the power wire plugged into the fog light switch so that I can control the on/off function of the amp. Originally I had it directly to the battery but that meant that the amp was on all the time and even though it wasn't powering anything I worried about it possibly draining my battery. I will probably just tie it into my ignition switch so I don't have to worry about it. I did test it out with my Ipod and it did sound great. As soon as I get the Aquabox mounted I'll give it a "real world" test and let you all know how it goes.

There are more pics of this set up in my photo album on the site. The system retails for $499.00 but your dealer may give you a discount if you have been a good customer.
Dennis

Last edited:
Looks good! You need a few more gauges or a cup holder or something...looks kinda bear on the handle bars:D

Please do not take offense but please don't play it on my street... :(
That's the only thing I hate worse than straight pipes on a hardley.
I won't even sell them (and I know we could sell a lot).
When I want to hear music or talk on our intercom we use headsets.

That is what the Aquabox is for...to hold my Ipod in place, it should take up any remaining room on the handlebars.
Dennis

Xchoppers, you're safe...I don't know where you live. I don't plan on "blaring" down the highway, just want something to listen to on long trips...or for my daily commute to work.
Dennis

Glad to hear you're one of the sane people with a sound system on their bikes. Too many harley types here ride through town with their speakers blaring rap.
It's enough to make you puke :sick:

They sound pretty good, but I still haven't "highway" tested them, have to wait for the Aquabox to come in...any day now.

That was an added bonus on the speakers they are a pretty good match for the Rocket gages. The system, I believe, was originally designed with Hardley riders in mind, I decided to put it to better use on a more capable machine.

Xchoppers....I know what you mean, to me there is nothing worse than hearing "white boys on rap". I've only got pretty much "classic" rock going thru my system.
Dennis

Only my opinion......

I'm gonna get some flak for this one but.....There are enough distractions riding a bike without adding more. You need to be 100% attuned to whats going on around you, the changing situations and be especially attuned to what that cage next to you is about to do...you know, the soccer mom on the cell phone, combing her hair and reading a book.....

Distractions on your bike like stereo or MP3 or Bluetooth Wireless add to your reaction time by distracting your thought process. You might need that 100th of a second sometime and if you don't have it, you might not be here to reply to this post.........:D

To each his own. For me, less distractions are better.

Now I know why you work there Dennis, discount,discount,discount. Did I mention discount and free mounting advice? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back