Custom tune on my 2020 R dyno sheet

Pottedmeatpony

.020 Over
Ride
2020 rocket R
Anybody put a custom map on their Rocket?
I got one from dnk tuneworks. Just ran it on the dyno 177 rwhp 154 ftlb torque and now have 100% throttle in all gears really woke the bike up. Can not wait to find an exhaust and intake I like. Not much of a torque curve just a straight line from 3000 to 6800 redline.
20201214_160710.jpg
20201214_160710.jpg
20201214_160710.jpg

Last edited:
What were the rear wheel numbers on the dyno before the new tune ? Can you tell us more about the download process ?
I did not get before numbers yet I loaded the map before riding to the dyno. Later this month when he has dyno time I'm going to put the original map in and run all the modes then all the modes of the new map to get a before and after. I used tunecu and an obdlink lx bluetooth plug to load the map. Biggest change in the map was moved street mode to rain mode, moved sport to street and made sport mode 100% of engine power and 100% throttle response in all gears. The bike is restricted alot from the factory. The 149 mph limit is hard coded into the bike and can not be changed with the map anymore. As you can see with that run it was a little rich on the top and lean on the bottom. I have added and subtracted fuel to the new map and will be trying it out on the next run.

100% on all gears sounds gnarly.

I noticed a sudden drop in power up to 4th gear after certain engine speed. Though it may have had something to do with the bike being on rain mode. I'm still trying to get used to the new seating position. Also rpms since I kinda feel it's harder to judge engine speed without looking at the tach on this bike compare to the older models. Feel I might be lugging the engine.

Still pulls hard on rain mode if you ask it to though. Must be insane in sport.

Last edited:
That torque curve suggest the timing is very tame and like the other rockets there is timing left in the engine that will wake up that torque curve. That flat line is fun to ride though

Did you have any trouble downloading the DNK map? I have not been able to get it on the bike. Using new Samsung Tab and Obdlink LX, able to get it to connect with engine running, but turn off engine with ignition on, starts reprogramming, but then throws error downloading. Any tricks?

What did you do to get past the locked ECU and how did you adapt TuneECU to connect ?
The newest version of tuneecu will let you upload maps but you can not open current map or download current map from ecu. Upload only with obdlink lx plug and an android phone. I have uploaded 3 different maps so far.

Back