custom intake manifold

I run the under tank set up. If I just move the filter out from under and attach it to an intake one into three, I will lose HP ??? Help me see the logic. I guess I'm not looking for an increase in HP or Torque, she seems to have enough for me. I'm looking for a meaner look and the blower set up with the external filter gives that, I just want it on the other side, no blower.

Air intake

Here's another....
Looks like it would,nt be too hard to make one of these air intakes out of copper plumbing pipe ,do a little bondo work to smooth out the seams and then paint it black?
That would work.

Am I missing something here? I don't see much more benefit of that setup than the stock setup. Don't know how that filter would flow at speed. Are these supposed to be for added performance or show?
later

Longer runners like that help smooth airflow into the throttle bodies at high RPM. The idea is similar to headers on the exhaust ... the ones without the runners wouldn't do anything more than just add air like the triple filters.
On an R3 I don't really think having long runners on the intake would make much difference since they aren't 12,000 rpm engines. Short velocity stacks would probably work better in this case.

But they sure are a conversation piece aren't' they? :eek:

Longer runners like that help smooth airflow into the throttle bodies at high RPM. The idea is similar to headers on the exhaust ... the ones without the runners wouldn't do anything more than just add air like the triple filters.
On an R3 I don't really think having long runners on the intake would make much difference since they aren't 12,000 rpm engines. Short velocity stacks would probably work better in this case.

But they sure are a conversation piece aren't' they? :eek:

I agree. Probably no boost over stock and certainly not over short velocity stacks. The ROCKET lettering is knida cheesy though, all else being equal; I'd remove those letters or sand and paint 'em.

Back