custom intake manifold

This is the one that is legendary. It was made my Metacruze in Oz. The guy said he would never make another one.

A few others:

TallTXGuy had one like this built by MGS and it didn't flow very well.

I'm no engineer, RR or otherwise but how is it a custom one into three intake "doesn't flow as well as" that stock convoluted plastic hampster run under the seat and tank? And while the Jardine-esque three tube intake indeed looks mean, I was thinking more along the lines of the Metacruze or that grey custom picture in a previous post. Thanks to those that posted the pics, I don't frequent the other side often.

I'm no engineer, RR or otherwise but how is it a custom one into three intake "doesn't flow as well as" that stock convoluted plastic hampster run under the seat and tank? And while the Jardine-esque three tube intake indeed looks mean, I was thinking more along the lines of the Metacruze or that grey custom picture in a previous post. Thanks to those that posted the pics, I don't frequent the other side often.

Mainly because the filter on the end doesn't have enough surface area to flow very well. Txtallguy actually did dyno runs and lost HP after installing it.

I wonder if they get in the way of turning left?

I wondered the same. Notice how the turn signals have to come off.

Available alternatives

These are all interesting designs...some more appealing than others. Are there any such custom intakes on the market? The three into one intakes with a single air box look attractive, but are they superior to triple K&N kits such as many members sport (including myself) on their rockets? I do like the edgy look of these creations though.:)

Who makes similar three into one intakes for the general market...if there is one:rolleyes:

Back