custom intake manifold

monsterider

.020 Over
I know the triple under bearclaw seems to be the favorite way to go for an intake but I saw a picture in the albums of a one into three manifold that really turns my crank. Any chance anyone out there has done the r and d on something like this and can put one together? I'm currently using the under tank filter but personally think a large, forward pointing aircleaner on the left would 'balance' the bike.

This example belongs to the administrator on the .com site, but another exists down under I believe. I believe that the "tubing" is shaped in order to achieve balance in length to equalize air flow and permit proper tuning.

I do wish some enterprising soul would do a production run. The yellow rubber "boots" would be suspect if not fastened in some fashion.

Who is running that intake? I have exposed triple filters and it would seem that they would flow better than that set up. Are there any dyno numbers on it?
This is what I have done and used the 3/4 inch longer filters.

Attachments

• 104_7049.jpg
    104_7049.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 873
I like it, its different. If not just to scare little old ladys, for the much cooler air and more torque from the longer intake runners. Some of the headers seen on the other side are no prettier. Look at indy car intakes.
Any picts. of this entire bike.

This example belongs to the administrator on the .com site, but another exists down under I believe. I believe that the "tubing" is shaped in order to achieve balance in length to equalize air flow and permit proper tuning.

I do wish some enterprising soul would do a production run. The yellow rubber "boots" would be suspect if not fastened in some fashion.
Rocketrob had the first one in the UK it was big & highly polished, but he is S/C now so I believe it might be for sale.
Shape,balance, length, air flow equalisation poop.
It's just the best way tube gets from throttle bodies to filter .

I like it, its different. If not just to scare little old ladys, for the much cooler air and more torque from the longer intake runners. Some of the headers seen on the other side are no prettier. Look at indy car intakes.
Any picts. of this entire bike.

Totally agree. It does look menacing and the design makes sense.

Back