Not having any drop protection is a big drawback. to buying the new Rocket
Well... I have my 2020 GT and I'm very aware that any drop even stopped, will have consequences. In fact was the first thing that asked at the dealer when first saw the bike, but nevertheless, refraining from buying this amazing bike just for that in some way is just like avoiding life or living the best of it just for the risk of dying or to hide from suffering. Motorcycling is an inherently risky activity... are we going to quit riding at all to avoid the risk of an accident? Anyway, I respect anyone's choices and if someone prefers to deny himself all the great things that this bike offers facing the risk of eventually dropping it, it's his call... ride safe!

Holy cr..p!!! That's one of my main worries my friend...the point of no return when moving, leaning or maneuvering at low/no speed on this heavy thing is almost as delicate as the stall speed/Vno of the SR-71 blackbird at FL850... LOL!!!

Thankfully for sure you are stronger than Schwarzenegger in his 20s and managed to save the day, take care and happy holidays... saving your bike is a great present by itself!!!
That would a very bad and sad day.

Hello again fellow rocketeers! Does anyone has any knowledge about options to protect the bike in the event of a tip over or a drop?

God forbid that one of Us have to endure such a predicament, but even Valentino Rossi had to be prepared for the worst case scenario...

I've been searching unsuccessfully on the web for aftermarket solutions that may work on the R3 2020, but having mid-controls on my GT as in the R, I was thinking that maybe something bolted to the pegs' original front holes (where the covers are) may give some clearance for the delicate areas on the side if the machine succumbs to gravity... just guessing...

Any ideas/comments/suggestions?

The bike weighs 640 and you guys are worried about dropping it? I'm used to Harleys and have bought a new rocket recently and I thought it felt really light as far as rolling it around. I have also heard others talk about how tricky they are to corner at slow speeds. I dont want to sound like a conceited jerk, but I think someone should have started with a smaller/lighter bike.

The bike weighs 640 and you guys are worried about dropping it? I'm used to Harleys and have bought a new rocket recently and I thought it felt really light as far as rolling it around. I have also heard others talk about how tricky they are to corner at slow speeds. I dont want to sound like a conceited jerk, but I think someone should have started with a smaller/lighter bike.
I have no issues with it, but it's ~712 lbs with a full tank. Nothing wrong with wanting to protect your investment, because **** does indeed happen.

Back