cmintegra

.020 Over
Ride
2020 rocket 3 GT
Hello again fellow rocketeers! Does anyone has any knowledge about options to protect the bike in the event of a tip over or a drop?

God forbid that one of Us have to endure such a predicament, but even Valentino Rossi had to be prepared for the worst case scenario...

I've been searching unsuccessfully on the web for aftermarket solutions that may work on the R3 2020, but having mid-controls on my GT as in the R, I was thinking that maybe something bolted to the pegs' original front holes (where the covers are) may give some clearance for the delicate areas on the side if the machine succumbs to gravity... just guessing...

Any ideas/comments/suggestions?

Hello again fellow rocketeers! Does anyone has any knowledge about options to protect the bike in the event of a tip over or a drop?

God forbid that one of Us have to endure such a predicament, but even Valentino Rossi had to be prepared for the worst case scenario...

I've been searching unsuccessfully on the web for aftermarket solutions that may work on the R3 2020, but having mid-controls on my GT as in the R, I was thinking that maybe something bolted to the pegs' original front holes (where the covers are) may give some clearance for the delicate areas on the side if the machine succumbs to gravity... just guessing...

I also did this search, with no luck. Maybe next year there will be enough of these on the road to interest accessory makers. Seems like a @Lamonster opportunity!

I almost dropped my 6 day old baby today, just moving it around the driveway. I can’t wait to get some sort of protection on this beast!

Last edited:
I almost dropped my 3 day old baby today, just moving it around the driveway. I can’t wait to get some sort of protection on this beast!
Holy cr..p!!! That's one of my main worries my friend...the point of no return when moving, leaning or maneuvering at low/no speed on this heavy thing is almost as delicate as the stall speed/Vno of the SR-71 blackbird at FL850... LOL!!!

Thankfully for sure you are stronger than Schwarzenegger in his 20s and managed to save the day, take care and happy holidays... saving your bike is a great present by itself!!!

Holy cr..p!!! That's one of my main worries my friend...the point of no return when moving, leaning or maneuvering at low/no speed on this heavy thing is almost as delicate as the stall speed/Vno of the SR-71 blackbird at FL850... LOL!!!

Thankfully for sure you are stronger than Schwarzenegger in his 20s and managed to save the day, take care and happy holidays... saving your bike is a great present by itself!!!
If you saw me squeal and lever myself as I could reach in order to counterbalance, you wouldn’t compare me to Arnold, trust me. I was just lucky to catch it early because I was already on the lookout for it to happen. I’ve now decided to only maneuver at driveway speeds while straddling the bike. I don’t care if it looks silly.

But, yes, Merry Christmas to me, and you also!

Last edited:

Well let me tell you ..I was a drive thru the other day on my bike and I’m thinking “ how does it feel to sit on the back” so I get back there and my baby tops over and I brake my foot lol..yes some crash bars would be highly appreciated

The kickstand has almost no lean.
Truth. On no other bike have I had to be so careful of where I set the stand down so as to not leave the bike standing nearly straight up. I'm not really interested in crash bars, but I'd replace the kickstand if better were available.

The kick stand baffles me also. I put the stand down, turn the handlebars to the left to full lock to lower the bike even more knowing that if a wind of any significance comes up it will topple. Triumph engineers must think Rocket riders carry a level with them to make sure the surface is plumb before dismounting.

Back