Crappy fuel mileage, or help a brotha out....

It ain't off thread..........

Rocky:

It's not off topic at all. We are talking gas mileage or the lack of it so why not discuss shale oil. If indeed Royal Dutch Shell's insutu extraction method with the subsequent freezing of the perimeter substrata proves viable, the United States could become the next Saudi Arabia. We all know full well that when gas prices increase people have less money to spend on other things like luxuries like motorcycles which, by all counts is a luxury. I certainly don't know of too many people who use their bikes as their basic transportation in this country. Maybe in the EU, but not here. Here, people drive large pickup trucks with gas guzzling engines and haul no more than the kids to school or a few bags of groceries. It's about image and prestige and I have a bigger pickup or SUV than you do. Only in America are people who buy a compact diesel tractor to mow their city lot sized lawn with. Gimme a break. Where did the push lawn mower go? Can you even buy one? Three buck a gallon gas and three and a half buck diesel are gonna put a crimp on that **** and it's gonna crimp the economy as well.

I'm all for Shell and the shale oil venture especially if it benefits the American people and stabilizes the petroleum industry and to hell with the tree hugger and the special interest groups too. Get it out, refine it and let me fill my tank without totally draining my wallet.

I really don't care if it's Royal Dutch Shell or Valero. It don't matter a twit to me. Royal Dutch Shell has invested over 20 years and more money than you and I will ever see in our lifetimes in this venture so let 'em go do it.

Dave, if you have or have access to a laptop or can get your bike close to a desktop computer, you can download the software from the site and load it. If you get the key code from VonBonds, you can unhook the PCIII and load a plain vanilla tune in and get in the 30 mpg range.

Rocky:

I suspect you are gonna see regular unleaded right around 3 bucks a gallon and mid grade 15 cents higher. I believe that will be the norm with maybe a little more or less by region and time of year. On road diesel is already in the excess of $3.35 a gallon and B-20 is a few cents cheaper. Saturday I filled up my 350 stroker, both tanks with B20 and it came to 80 bucks. I have '0' desire to modify the Rock in any way. It runs fine on regular unleaded, gets good mileage (for what it is) and still stretches my wrists if I twist the fun valve.

I've got enough fuel in my bulk tank to get me through the middle of next year with the tractors. I'll worry about the price then. I keep that tank locked at all times. Propylene and ethylene glycol took a 3 dollar a gallon jump monday for no apparent reason.

Royal Dutch Shell needs to ramp up their shale oil extraction process in Wyoming, Utah and Idaho. I hear there is more oil out there than all the combined known reserves on the entire planet. Fock the tree huggers.:D
Flip funny you should mention Wyoming and oil.Our governor just cut every one over sixty five's property taxes in half..ah Ha he ha. My property taxes are less than 600 a year now..And no state income tax. Buy that gas,pay your taxes..WoHo Crazy Jack

I have about 14K on my 05 R3. I average 40mpg. I have gotten as high as 51mpg when riding with harleys....

Gas Mileage 07 Standard

I have an 07 standard model with no mods. Just turned 3K miles. I average 35 MPG which ain't bad considering it's hauling around 6'5" 350 lbs. Mileage seems to have gotton better the more miles I put on it, the first couple of tanks only averaged about 30-31 MPG. All I know is it beats the hell out of the Suburban with a 454 !

Thanks God its time to ride

I parked my F-150 and started riding my scooter last week. The first few days I was tearing up the already torn up highways here in Maine and having a blast with my triple K&Ns, Tors and Offroad pipes. I decided to do the speed limit to and fro for a day and discovered a pleasant 40 mpg. :)
I make 80 miles each way and was putting $37 a day in my truck. I think my truck will be parked until November.

Back