Coughs like it has covid-19.

vicvet

.020 Over
Ride
2012 R3 Roadster
2012 R3 Roadster, Ramair, Tors pipes, tuned with TuneECU for Tors pipes.
Started with a rough idle. Cleaned the Ramair filter, good for 1 ride. Reset adaptation, no effect. Ran fuel injector cleaner through, good for 1 ride. Changed plugs, no effect. Balanced the Throttle Bodies, rough idle gone.
Now, on soft acceleration it coughs and sputters.
I have not changed the fuel filter yet.
Any thoughts?

youre gonna have to quarantine it for 6 months, cover it with a tarp and let all the air out of the tires, then it should be fine with no side effects at all. It may be sketchy the first few trips out make sure it doesnt try to ride off a cliff, or try to fill up with nos.

2012 R3 Roadster, Ramair, Tors pipes, tuned with TuneECU for Tors pipes.
Started with a rough idle. Cleaned the Ramair filter, good for 1 ride. Reset adaptation, no effect. Ran fuel injector cleaner through, good for 1 ride. Changed plugs, no effect. Balanced the Throttle Bodies, rough idle gone.
Now, on soft acceleration it coughs and sputters.
I have not changed the fuel filter yet.
Any thoughts?
Did you save your old tune? it sounds unhappy with what you loaded, have seen where people had to reinstall the tune several times for it to be right. maybe just the tune though

I would check the low voltage primary wires going to each coil. Probably loose. Slightly crimp them for a tight fit then test again. If that doesn't work, buy a Primary TPS. Even if you don't use it, you will one day. This is easy to change and set up with TuneECU. Do a search on the site for TPS replacement.

I would check the low voltage primary wires going to each coil. Probably loose. Slightly crimp them for a tight fit then test again. If that doesn't work, buy a Primary TPS. Even if you don't use it, you will one day. This is easy to change and set up with TuneECU. Do a search on the site for TPS replacement.
Thank you for your information on the primary tps. Found a great video for that. Please pardon my ignorance, do you have any pictures of where the low voltage primary wires are?

Back