I'm over the moon... or maybe headed straight for it!

SonOfJorEl

.040 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket 3 Roadster
You know how I was contemplating getting the 2016 Rocket 3 Roadster in this thread? Well, I did it! I finally bought it from my buddy! I'm over the moon! I'm getting possession of it this weekend and I just can't sit still im so friggin excited!

The first thing I'd like to do is add a decent set of crash bars to it. Can anyone suggest a good place in North America to get it from and a good brand?

Also, I may end up changing the front tire as well. What brand / model works best with this beast?

Thirdly, check out this keychain I found on Etsy lol > https://i.etsystatic.com/31762782/r/il/5cc4de/3398769179/il_1588xN.3398769179_6syc.jpg

Cheap at US$160 delivered but based on 1st factory design with flimsy front mount tabs later fixed by Triumph.
I have excellent aftermarket ones like this using the older Triumph tab design but that used thicker steel tab material that fixes the design fault.
I do not know if they got them from China like these though.
Postage to Oz is pretty reasonable
Black or chrome
AU $144.41 (US$97)
AU $169.89
-15%

Color: Chrome
  • Black
  • Chrome
Quantity:
Additional 5% off (5 Pair or more)
Only 5 left

Ships to Australia
Shipping: AU $97.87 (US$64)

You know how I was contemplating getting the 2016 Rocket 3 Roadster in this thread? Well, I did it! I finally bought it from my buddy! I'm over the moon! I'm getting possession of it this weekend and I just can't sit still im so friggin excited!

The first thing I'd like to do is add a decent set of crash bars to it. Can anyone suggest a good place in North America to get it from and a good brand?

Also, I may end up changing the front tire as well. What brand / model works best with this beast?

Thirdly, check out this keychain I found on Etsy lol > https://i.etsystatic.com/31762782/r/il/5cc4de/3398769179/il_1588xN.3398769179_6syc.jpg
Congrats on your bike. For my 2015 Roadster, I got mine from Triumph. Not sure if they were for roadster OR touring. They fit pretty well, although they are chrome.

Congrats on your bike. For my 2015 Roadster, I got mine from Triumph. Not sure if they were for roadster OR touring. They fit pretty well, although they are chrome.
Same stock Triumph Chrome FRONT bars for all Rocket IIIs from 2004-2018 .......Dual headlight: Standard, Classic, Roadster and the single headlight Touring

As far as engine bars go finding any may be difficult now days. If you can find a set made by Rivco buy them. Also for best corner carving the Avon Cobra line of tires is best.

As far as engine bars go finding any may be difficult now days. If you can find a set made by Rivco buy them. Also for best corner carving the Avon Cobra line of tires is best.
The RIVCO ones have been unavailable for years too but were only ever a very thin 1", same as factory stock handle bars.
Even the stock Triumph front bars are 32mm, 1 1/4".
The Chinese knockoffs from AliExpress are same design and 32mm too.
The Craftride branded from Motea are 38mm, 1.5" available in Black or Chrome but are made by the German motorcycle accessory maker Fehling, and are sold worldwide under a variety of retailers brand names. They have USA retailers too.
Different design and mounts to the stock Triumph ones but they work well and I have tested them in a a few stationary tipovers and one slow speed 25mph lay down on dirt. The bar weld partially broke but did no damage to the bike and I was able to bend back and continue a 200 mile ride before replacing that side from my spare set when I got home.

Last edited:
Back