bmtbandit

.020 Over
Just so I have an idea of what this should cost. Can someone please tell me what the TORS and Cat bypass should roughly cost. I am thinking this is the way I am going to go. It is either the TORS or the Jardines. I want a good clean loud but not defining sound.

Just so I have an idea of what this should cost. Can someone please tell me what the TORS and Cat bypass should roughly cost. I am thinking this is the way I am going to go. It is either the TORS or the Jardines. I want a good clean loud but not defining sound.

Triumph sells the silencer upgrade, or cat bypass pipe, for $350 and the TOR's for $495.You can probably do better at a dealer.

The original Jardines were a bit louder. I've heard that the newer ones are more baffled.

Do you want 2 (Jardines) or 3 (TOR's) mufflers? That's a big concern for me.

You will need to get a PCIII and use their canned map for Jardines or have it custom mapped. Or buy the Tuneboy program.

Triumph provides a tune for the TOR/cat bypass but it is a bit lean and backfires on decel. Tuneboy wil take care of this.

Thanks, I really want to keep the 3 into 3 look. I think thats one thing that makes the Rocket look different. I know I need a Tuneboy, I want this to get the 1st three gears to have full power anyway. I just hope the TORs are throaty enough for my liking. I can't seem to find anyone in the area that has them on the ROcket. (Pittsburgh Pa btw)

Mine were the list price $845 for both TOR and cat eliminator, installation and new tune included in this price. You can probably get them for 15 to 20% off dealer list and install them yourself for less money, but I had mine done prior to delivery. Not sure how you address the tune issue if you DIY.

Thanks, I really want to keep the 3 into 3 look. I think thats one thing that makes the Rocket look different. I know I need a Tuneboy, I want this to get the 1st three gears to have full power anyway. I just hope the TORs are throaty enough for my liking. I can't seem to find anyone in the area that has them on the ROcket. (Pittsburgh Pa btw)

I think mine sound great - gnarly but not deafeningly loud. Put a K&N under the seat, get Tuneboy, and download this tune:

http://www.r3owners.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=41&d=1155692504

It's a slight modification (to eliminate popping on decel) of Wayne's 20050_2 tune for the TORs/cat bypass. You also need to turn off the O2 sensor in Tuneboy and physically disconnect it from th ECU.

Last edited:
bandit, installation of the bypass and I presume the Tors should be a cinch for you. there are wire mesh donnut like gaskets that will take a bit of finese to remove and replace.
On the suggested tune, I unchecked "O2 Sensor Fitted" but did not physically disconnect the sensor. I changed the values of the L1,l2,l3 tables as specified that dougl and Wayne worked up. I don't have any decel popping. And the ECM hasn't "relearned" any bad habits that I can detect.

And the ECM hasn't "relearned" any bad habits that I can detect.

Interesting observation. There doesn't seem to be a reason to disconnect it physically if it was done in the software but that's what Wayne suggested.

I installed the PCIII O2 sensor bypass before Wayne's latest version.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I am going with the Tuneboy Route. I am going to call my dealer over the Winter and order a set. It sounds as if this is the best place to order from. With the Riding season here quickly diminishing :( I do not want to take time with tinkering when I could be rinding. Install it over the winter when it cold as **** and cant do anything else anyway.
Additionally I am assuming the underseat K&N just pops in. Or is there a lot of reworking involved in this.

Last edited:
Back