Corbin Fleetliner Questions

TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
For those of you who have Corbin Fleetliner fairings, I have a few questions. First, I've ridden with Triumph's Roadster screen and the main bad thing I notice is that when at a stop or moving slow, the screen catches all the heat rising from the radiator and throws it right in your lap.

Second, I notice from pics that the Fleetliner seems to fit fairly tight to the handlebars, which is good, but would there be enough room to stick some small handlebar mounted speakers? Such as the Kuryakyns that match our gauges so well?

Those are my main concerns.. That and that Corbin price tag they are so proud of.. That's a big chunk towards a Carpenter rebuild!...

I've been debating.. about going with a smaller bike, or more of a touring oriented bike with actual wind protection.. I've been looking at all others (Victory, Harley, Kawasaki).. but then I look at mine and it runs great.. my suspension is set up great.. my Jardines are great, my HP and torque can't be beat, and with the Bridgestone tires I now actually have a reasonably priced tire to run on.. and they are doing great so far..
So.. right now, it would be less expensive for me to start moving my Rocket to more of touringish bike.. :)

Let me see if I can find some pics tomorrow.

The Corbin does fit real tight. I had to make some standoff brackets to get enough clearance for the Kury speakers.

Also something to think about. The Corbin fits so tight to the bars that it is difficult at times to reach forward to the key. The Rivco key relocation kit is practically a necessity. I don't mind though, I like it better anyway.

Ahhh.. didn't think about that.. That's easy enough though.. Definitely don't see many Corbin fairings for sale used.. So they must do their job pretty well.. :)

In the summer I normally take it off and hang it in the garage. The mounts point up at an angle so I tell people that they are my bank indicators.

I just bought a rocket with the corbin fairing and bags, came off a yamaha raider without a fairing or shield. I am loving having the wind protection, especially in Montana when most of my season is cold. Do definately feel a LOT of heat on me on warm days, much more than my raider, bigger engine but fairing is probably pushing some heat back at me. I actually like this (except july, aug). Hard bags are great too as before i was strapping everything to a sissybar rack. And yes to turn your bike on and off it is a reach into the fairing, but no big deal to me. Not sure if i would buy this fairing or would but a memphis shades batwing and have it painted, they look the same to me.

On a Classic 2006. Put the Rivco Risers on helped with clearances a lot. This was before the risers and after I added the taller windshield, a must IMHO.

I'd like to see some more pics of that fairing...maybe front and side views. It looks awesome from the views so far. Very tasteful.

Back