I have the duel touring seat and I can't tell any difference from stock as far as height or putting you more forward or back. It is to me a lot more comfortable.
Cheers biker1059 I’m not sure where, but I had heard that the seat puts you back 1-1 and 1/4” from stock. I have one on my Harley and I’ll swear by how comfortable they are. Thanks for your input.

Well, it's pouring down rain today, so it's a good time to work on the bike a bit. I just received my Corbin seat today and I was very anxious to get it on the bike. I can tell you this, I'll NEVER buy another one from Corbin. The quality is unbelievably piss-poor. It looks like a project that a bunch of kindergarten kids would put together. I can't get it to latch and the aluminum strips on the side don't even come close to fitting right. I just hope that it feels better than it looks. I guess I'll find out when the rain stops.

20230428_210852.jpg
20230428_210905.jpg

I have a corbin seat for sale if you are in the South Ontario area.
Barely ever used (maybe 3 times)

Attachments

• 20230421_130619.jpg
    20230421_130619.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230421_130628.jpg
    20230421_130628.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2023-04-21 152701.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-04-21 152701.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 17
Well, it's pouring down rain today, so it's a good time to work on the bike a bit. I just received my Corbin seat today and I was very anxious to get it on the bike. I can tell you this, I'll NEVER buy another one from Corbin. The quality is unbelievably piss-poor. It looks like a project that a bunch of kindergarten kids would put together. I can't get it to latch and the aluminum strips on the side don't even come close to fitting right. I just hope that it feels better than it looks. I guess I'll find out when the rain stops.

20230428_210852.jpg
20230428_210905.jpg

So... it stopped raining and I was excited to see what my $1,600 USD spent at Corbin would get me... WHAT A TREMENDOUS DISAPPOINTMENT!!!! I feel ripped off... stolen from... betrayed. What a horrible waste of money this seat is. It feels like I am riding on a leather-covered cinder block. With the exception of the bulge in your back, the OEM Triumph seat is better built, more comfortable and a higher quality seat all the way around. I was sore after just 45 minutes of riding with this piece of crap Corbin seat. I can go 90-120 minutes with the OEM Triumph seat before stretching my butt-muscles.

However, not everything is totally lost. The R3 tends to vibrate... at least mine does. And the Triumph seat transmits that vibration into my body. At least the Corbin seat tends to isolate me from that vibration a bit more. And the backrest is a Godsend. But that seat... oh God that seat sux!!!!

Just for informational purposes ( if anyone is interested ), I had to adjust my mirrors, so I know I was sitting a bit higher than stock. And I do sit a bit farther back than stock, but the backrest keeps the reach to the handlebars very comfortable.

So if you want to spend a lot of your hard-earned money on a poor-quality seat that feels like you're sitting on a leather-covered brick, then look no further than Corbin. I feel like an idiot. Maybe it's time to look into that gel-padded underwear that makes you feel like you're wearing a sanitary napkin??!! And oh... an air bladder to pump my butt up off of the seat. Ride safe! Comfort is optional...

I didn't care for mine as I have stated on this forum at least 50 times. Looked great although just too stiff and hard. (I heard it, shut up).:)
I kept it on my 05 Rocket and short rides around town were fine but shooting 100 miles up to Tahoe, not so much. Good luck.:thumbsup:

I didn't care for mine as I have stated on this forum at least 50 times. Looked great although just too stiff and hard. (I heard it, shut up).:)
I kept it on my 05 Rocket and short rides around town were fine but shooting 100 miles up to Tahoe, not so much. Good luck.:thumbsup:
Believe it or not, Corbin has already been in touch with me assuring me that it takes around 1,500 miles +/- to begin to breaking in. I told them what others have said here that it doesn't matter how long you ride on it, it won't soften up. Corbin's reply was to send it back and that they would rebuild the seat with a softer material. Why do I get the strange feeling that they're yanking my chain???

Anyway, we agreed that I would try it for 1,500 miles, and if I still didn't like it, then they would rebuild the seat with a softer material for free ( minus shipping ).

Believe it or not, Corbin has already been in touch with me assuring me that it takes around 1,500 miles +/- to begin to breaking in. I told them what others have said here that it doesn't matter how long you ride on it, it won't soften up. Corbin's reply was to send it back and that they would rebuild the seat with a softer material. Why do I get the strange feeling that they're yanking my chain???

Anyway, we agreed that I would try it for 1,500 miles, and if I still didn't like it, then they would rebuild the seat with a softer material for free ( minus shipping ).
That's fair. Mine never broke-in and molded to my fat ass although like I said, the build and workmanship of the seat was top notch and it looked really good on my Rocket. It may work out for you. Good for them stepping up. I can appreciate that. :thumbsup:

Hi, I currently hve the Corbin seat with the riders backrest. I've put about 800 miles on it. It is hard, but for me it is more comfortable than the stock seat. Meaning I can ride longer wihout my rear hurting. I do feel that the seat is slightly wider & that it slightly hinders my ability to flat foot at a stop. Doing 100 mile rides, I am still comfortable. I did not opt for the heated seat. IMO, the switch on the side takes away from the look. Can't really say if the seat moved me father or closer to the gas tank vs stock.
The riders backrest really helps with long hauls or if you get a little frisky with the throttle. IF you are not that limber at getting on the bike, easpecially with swinging your leg over the backrest, that could be a problem. To get off the bike, I reach on back of me & pull the backrest out while I swing my leg over the seat to get off. The I just slide it back in the hole & your done. It does come with a allen bolt to secure the backrest in place so it cannot be pulled out, but I left it off. The backrest also has an adjustment screw on it to move it forward or back depending on your comfort. Im afraid if I left it parked out of sight, someone could easily take the backrest & walk away. Thats the only downside to not using the allen bold to secure it.
I agree with another guy who posted saying that the seat was a real PITA to get it to click down & stay on the bike. It is really difficult to do. Def NOT like the stock seat on how easy that pops on & off.
Would I buy another Corbin? Not too sure. I don't dislike the seat, but coming from a Harley with a Sundowner seat (one of Harley's optional super comfy seats), your hard pressed to find anything more comfortable than that seat was. But hey, if someone has a suggestion, I would love to hear it.

As I posted in the other thread, I seem to be fortunate that I have no problems with the Corbin I got for my Rocket. Really I only got it for my wife, who needed a wider pillion seat and a backrest that didn't wobble. She's much more comfortable with the Corbin setup than stock. For me it didn't need to break in - it was comfortable from the start, unlike the Corbin on my Speedmaster which never broke in even after 15k miles. I have yet to actually use the rider backrest.

I suspect there's significant variability in how carefully the person dispensing the foam is paying attention and/or their experience adjusting the amount of foam based on your weight.

Back