Corbin beetle bags

Many many people have purchased Corbin Beetle Bags. I haven't heard anyone complain about them. They look really sharp in person. I don't have them but I have seen quite a few Rockets with them.

I have the Beetles...

I like them... they are very solid, they close nicely, they lock, they are very aerodynamic, you don't even know they are back there. The may be just a bit smaller than some other hard bags, and they are pricey. They look great on the Rocket. They won't hold a full face hemlet.

http://www.corbin.com/triumph/tr3bag.shtml

Thank you for the ansver.
I can see that you ride with a singel seat, have you tryed riding with a passenger with the bags on, and how is that?
But no doubt, they look very very nice on the bike
Jeff

I haven't had a passenger on my bike with the Beetles. The front of the bags have a cutout or depression for the passenger's legs (calves) and it appears to leave plenty of room. It might be a trick for a passenger to get on the bike, especially if you have a backrest or tour trunk. You would have to somehow clear the Beetles and the rest... the passenger may have to get on the bike first with the kickstand down.

Thank you. That was just what i needed to know. I will start saving, and then order from Germany or England. Thank you very much for your help!
Jeff

I also purchased the Beetle bags and really love them. The install and quality was not without issues however, some Corbin, some not. Let me explain.

The right bag needed some fine tuning, er, mickey mousing because my D&D exhausts use a bracket that pushed out Corbin's mounting bracket by an 1/8 of an inch. I ended up drilling one bracket hole out a bit larger where it mounts to the bike, then went one size down on the bolt. No big deal really as i am very confident with the fine tuning's strength.

One of the upper mounting lugs that is metric on one side and sae on the other had bum threads on the metric side and would not screw into the frame. Apparently when the threads were cut something went wrong cuz the thread edges came out wider and very course looking. After re-running it thru the appropriate die, it threaded fine.

Left lid was aligned so poorly it looked crooked when latched. After some adjustment i got it to work satisfactory, but because it was sitting caddywompus for so long it mashed the rubber seal out of whack and now hangs out when lid is latched. Over time it should straighten out.....i hope!

Rubber lid seal on right bag needs gluing cuz it pops up now and then. The glue was sparsely used on that area.

All weather carpet liner on the inside of bag has a good amount of contact cement on surface as if the installer had it all over his fingers.

Carpet liner was very poorly cut around mounting holes and required trimming before I could get acorn nuts started and tightened. A very dull utility knife must have been used. Looked terrible. Hope he doesn't offer circumcisions on the side....:eek:

For bags costing 1,199.00 I would expect quality control to be more of a concern. I guess somebody's got to get the Monday and Friday products don't they?!:mad:

I do plan on sending Corbin an E-mail as I'm sure this is not the kind of product they think will win them producer of the year, or keep them in business very long.

Perhaps a superior competitor would be just the ticket to get Corbin to dot the i's and cross the T's.

Wow!! Sounds like there must have been trouble in Corbin land when they made yours Hondax. Mine do not suffer any of the issues you have mentioned and in fact I think of them as a quality item.... I purchased mine just after they came out so maybe they were watching the quality control on the first run to make sure all went well. I have to agree with you... for what they cost you shouldn't have to put up with any "issues".

Back