Corbin Beetle Bags

Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
Last but not least, how are the opinions on the Corbin's? I saw one thread where someone witnessed one falling off a bike (Rocket???), figured that may have been an improper mounting. For the price of these things if I get them I definitely don't want them to be falling off the bike. I've seen some good pictures of them and waiting on word from Corbin whether or not they can match the 2007 paint color of Sunset Red. If they can I may even play around with the idea of maybe the two tone beetle bags, the ol'..."in for a penny, in for a pound" so to speak.
As you can see I'm trying to get opinions on the four major (as I see them) types. The Tsukayo bags seemed to be of good quality, but they are make in China and my dealer was unable to determine shipping charges so they are probably out of the running.
Thanks for any of the opinions coming.
Dennis
22 days to go.

I like my beetles. If someone had theirs fall off they must not have had them mounted properly, they mount up pretty solidly. Most of all I like the look, they do not look like an afterthought.

I like my Bettles! They mount solidly in three places (two on the side and one on the bottom.) Only takes a minute to remove them for washing. Lots of room, good water tight seal on the lid and as said above they FIT the bike, they don’t look like an after-thought.

Toystoretom and mtnman

Thanks for the info and personal experiences with the Corbin's...decisions...decisions.
Anybody know anybody who sells them at less cost than "retail" or is that heresy or wishful thinking when referring to Corbins?
Thanks.
Dennis

Thanks for the info and personal experiences with the Corbin's...decisions...decisions.
Anybody know anybody who sells them at less cost than "retail" or is that heresy or wishful thinking when referring to Corbins?
Thanks.
Dennis

Dennis,
No deals on Beetle bags that I know of. I two have them on my Rocket and decided to cough up the extra $$$$ cuz no one else had anything as nice looking. The Beetles are mounted strongly and should go nowhere. The bags lock as you know and the mounting bolts are located inside the bags so they would be real tough to remove.

Dennis,
Have you considered an alarm system? This in combination with lockable bags should give you real piece of mind.

Beetle bags must be ordered directly from Corbin. The seats you can get deals on. I've gotten seats about $80 cheaper going through retailers. Retailers (atleast in my experience)

I've had a poor experience with Corbin in the past. I was to purchase Beetle Bags from Corbin several years back. At the time, the my bags were 699.00 painted. I called, they had 2 sets in stock, painted, and ready to go. I was weighing the option of getting the less attractive but more functional Givis. A week passes by, and I recheck corbin's site and the bags are now 899.00. I call and ask if they'd honor the original price when i first spoke to them. NOPE! I asked if it was the same bags on the shelf that were there a week ago.. Probably! Probably?
I bought the GIVIs.

I got mine on ebay, $1000 plus $50 to ship. They came from a Triumph dealer in Arizona. the day they were listed there was a "Buy it now" price of $1000. I was the 2nd person to see them, they were the right color, RED, I hit the Buy it now button! I think Corbin is gettin $1800 now for those bags.

Reply from Corbin

Well...Corbin sent me a reply and it was a pretty decent offer...if I was in the military. They assumed that since I was in Afghanistan, I was military, and said that I could get an additional 10% off from them because of that...nice offer. Unfortunately, I had to be honest and replied that I am with KBR and make/process water for the military...would that be good enough? I am awaiting a reply on that one (did tell them I was Navy retired with 21 years, 10 months of service....man that seems so long ago, and asked if that would help my case any, I guess we'll see). If I do get the 10% off I may go ahead and get the two tone ($1,749 - 10%, the one color ones were $1,499 - 10%) again still awaiting word back on that one, should hear something by tomorrow when I come into work...hopefully.
Dennis

Last edited:
xpect alot from the bags their top notch.... their customer service however :soapbox:

Below is a previous post from me some months ago. I hope my experience was unique.

I also purchased the Beetle bags and really love them. The install and quality was not without issues however, some Corbin, some not. Let me explain.

The right bag needed some fine tuning, er, mickey mousing because my D&D exhausts use a bracket that pushed out Corbin's mounting bracket by an 1/8 of an inch. I ended up drilling one bracket hole out a bit larger where it mounts to the bike, then went one size down on the bolt. No big deal really as i am very confident with the fine tuning's strength.

One of the upper mounting lugs that is metric on one side and sae on the other had bum threads on the metric side and would not screw into the frame. Apparently when the threads were cut something went wrong cuz the thread edges came out wider and very course looking. After re-running it thru the appropriate die, it threaded fine.

Left lid was aligned so poorly it looked crooked when latched. After some adjustment i got it to work satisfactory, but because it was sitting caddywompus for so long it mashed the rubber seal out of whack and now hangs out when lid is latched. Over time it should straighten out.....i hope!

Rubber lid seal on right bag needs gluing cuz it pops up now and then. The glue was sparsely used on that area.

All weather carpet liner on the inside of bag has a good amount of contact cement on surface as if the installer had it all over his fingers.

Carpet liner was very poorly cut around mounting holes and required trimming before I could get acorn nuts started and tightened. A very dull utility knife must have been used. Looked terrible. Hope he doesn't offer circumcisions on the side....:eek:

For bags costing 1,199.00 I would expect quality control to be more of a concern. I guess somebody's got to get the Monday and Friday products don't they?!:mad:

I do plan on sending Corbin an E-mail as I'm sure this is not the kind of product they think will win them producer of the year, or keep them in business very long.

Perhaps a superior competitor would be just the ticket to get Corbin to dot the i's and cross the T's.

Back