Corbin Beetle Bags

Caddywompus

Now there is a word I haven't heard in awhile, much less seen spelled out.
Hondax, you bring out an excellent point. You obviously bought the bags awhile back as they have raised their prices way beyond that point ($1,499 single color, $1,749 two tone). But your experience with the quality for a product that cost that much (and even more now) doesn't give me a lot of warm and fuzzies. If I am willing to spend that much money (and it is/was under a great deal of consideration) I expect a top notch, high quality product.

I may just go ahead and live with the Triumph bags for now with the dresser rails and install the locks that HeR3tic brought to my attention. When I meet up with some other Rocket owners that have the Corbins and look at theirs, I'll see if they have any quality issues such as you described. It appears, from what I've heard that the appearance/paint is pretty good, but the attention to detail may need a little work.

Also found out that they have a 10% discount (not sure if it is advertised much) for military (active and retired) if you buy directly from them. If you get it thru the dealer that deal is off as the dealer is already getting a "special" price on them and I guess I can see why they may not want to give another 10% off in addition to the dealer pricing.

Thanks,
Dennis

Dennis,

Isn't caddywompus a great word!!:D Anyway, despite the quality issues, I think nothing compares to the beetle bag. I never expected the beetles to be "plug and play" like a new mouse for your computer. Never the less, I did not consider returning them cuz I just LOVE the way they look. Mine were so fresh the paint was a bit soft yet. They did an excellent job on the paint. No the color wasn't perfect and I didn't expect it to be, but it's darn close.:)

I purchased my beetles thru my dealer so maybe try that route for a better price.

....how many days left in country, you forgot to list it.....:D

18 days to go, they seem to be moving pretty fast.
Gave a hint to my salesman Travis, not sure if he will pick up on it, if he gives 10% off I will probably go the two tone Corbin route, if not, leaning now towards the Triumph bags...or the LeatherLykes...there I go again....sorry.
Dennis

10%

That is kind of the hint I gave him, if he agrees, I'll probably go ahead and get the Corbins. If not then it will be either the LL's or the OEM's.
Dennis
17 days to go!

Corbins

Well, I got an answer from Travis this morning when I checked in. He is giving me the 10% off of the Corbins, so I told him to place the order and also add the Triumph front dresser bar for some engine protection. If the supposedly new "reinforced" dresser bar doesn't do any better than the old one I'll let you know, of course if I have to find out it means the Corbins on one side will be toast I'm sure.
Hopefully we now have all the info we need to get this show on the road. Once I get the sales order I can put my online application in and get this thing bought.
Dennis
16 dtg!

I'd rather get MPG.

On another note, it looks like I broke the 100 posts marker, and I don't even have the Rocket yet. Has that been done before? Not that I'm proud of it, just not in a "ready access area in close proximity to a Triumph dealer" to make it happen sooner.
Dennis
16 dtg!

Last edited:
On another note, it looks like I broke the 100 posts marker, and I don't even have the Rocket yet. Has that been done before? Not that I'm proud of it, just not in a "ready access area in close proximity to a Triumph dealer" to make it happen sooner.

Believe me Dennis we are counting down the days with you.;)

Back