I must have just been lucky when I replaced my radiator last week. I simply refilled the rad and the expansion tank to max and then started the engine. After bringing the temperature up to normal (about 90 C) let it cool down and allow the engine to suck what it needed from the expansion tank, which I then topped up again. Job done.

I must have just been lucky when I replaced my radiator last week. I simply refilled the rad and the expansion tank to max and then started the engine. After bringing the temperature up to normal (about 90 C) let it cool down and allow the engine to suck what it needed from the expansion tank, which I then topped up again. Job done.
Replaced your radiator? Was it damaged? I see a radiator on the Hermeys Triumph Parts site costs $1250.00 Yikes. Did you replace with an original or something else?

Replaced your radiator? Was it damaged? I see a radiator on the Hermeys Triumph Parts site costs $1250.00 Yikes. Did you replace with an original or something else?
It was my ham-fisted attempt to remove one of the shroud bolts at the bottom. It was seized in and snapped off - I then decided to try to drill it out ........ it turns out there is VERY little room for error in this area and I managed to drill a hole in a perfectly good rad :rolleyes: I found an aftermarket one on ebay for less than £100 which seems to be ok.

It was my ham-fisted attempt to remove one of the shroud bolts at the bottom. It was seized in and snapped off - I then decided to try to drill it out ........ it turns out there is VERY little room for error in this area and I managed to drill a hole in a perfectly good rad :rolleyes: I found an aftermarket one on ebay for less than £100 which seems to be ok.

this could be used by tapping it all the way through an jbweld a stud/bolt cut to proper length

Back