Coolant and overheating issues with 2014 Rocket 3

Doe70

.020 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
Bought 2014 R3 roadster 200 miles ago from Triumph dealer and coolant light came on. Had a mechanic check issue after dealer told me it was because I rode on a hot day? Anyhow took bike to dealer to explain issue and show them that coolant was not at level handbook said and they sent me away stating all fluids are correctly aligned. Well it overheated and when cold and I opened the coolant cap smoke came out within 30 seconds. I had filled the coolant to between min and max as per handbook and after 2 miles coolant light came on and when I got home the reservoir was dry. My mechanic says it’s likely head gasket issue … dealer stated no issue …. Any thoughts from the forum at all?

I did not hear the fan come on at all. Plus the coolant light is intermittent if that helps …. When I do longer stretches it goes out but eventually keeps coming back on

I would start by checking the fuse for the fan, also borrow a heat sensor(infared) and check the temperature of the radiator.....may have a bad thermostat.....or a bad relay for the fan relay? I would start there.....I have not heard of a bike having a bad waterpump......

I would start by checking the fuse for the fan, also borrow a heat sensor(infared) and check the temperature of the radiator.....may have a bad thermostat.....or a bad relay for the fan relay? I would start there.....I have not heard of a bike having a bad waterpump......

u have a bike that u just got so u need to do some checking.
first u need to pull the rad cap and fill it up. then start it if the head gasket is blown it will b pumping compression out the top of radiator big time.
more that likely the guy who had it b4 just did not get it full.
u have to loosen the bleeder screw (dont drop it cause it is non magnetic) and get the air out of the system.
fill tank to mark.
in Arizona i can not run the fluid at that level or it will push it out so i run mine close to bottom.
this problem may have been why he sold the bike. for what ever reason the dealer is useless.
if i were u i would replace the fan relay when u have the relay take a couple of pics and we will tell u the terminals to cross so the fan comes on and this will put u closer to solving your problem. numbers r 30 to 87

u have a bike that u just got so u need to do some checking.
first u need to pull the rad cap and fill it up. then start it if the head gasket is blown it will b pumping compression out the top of radiator big time.
more that likely the guy who had it b4 just did not get it full.
u have to loosen the bleeder screw (dont drop it cause it is non magnetic) and get the air out of the system.
fill tank to mark.
in Arizona i can not run the fluid at that level or it will push it out so i run mine close to bottom.
this problem may have been why he sold the bike. for what ever reason the dealer is useless.
if i were u i would replace the fan relay when u have the relay take a couple of pics and we will tell u the terminals to cross so the fan comes on and this will put u closer to solving your problem. numbers r 30 to 87

Back