Coolant leak follow up

Darron1117

Supercharged
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Hello Rocketeers,
Believe I may have found my coolant leak on my 2012 Roadster. Hadn't started the beast for
a week and did today and let it run to warm up before I rode. After about five mins. when
the engine got hot, I noticed coolant trickling down the engine. With as flashlight, I saw
coolant collected in a drop at the bottom of this fitting where the green arrow is pointed.
Didn't leak while I was riding and didn't leak at home when I let it idle after the ride. Hose clamp
on the small hose leading from this fitting was loose and when tighened it would snug up, but
if you turned too far it would go loose again. Could it be the clamp on the hose? Thanks.

Attachments

• 20201130_174035.jpg
    20201130_174035.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 46
Yes. The clamps that came with the samco hoses have a small clamp for that hose. Did you buy the clamp kit recommended?

Yup. I don't have Samco hoses, but I know they make special clamps that supposedly work better and that those hoses require a re-tighten or two after installing otherwise they tend to leak. Just do a search for Samco hoses and you should find all the info you desire!

Sunny posted while I was typing!

I need a set of those hoses. Can someone in the know direct us to the correct item to shop for? I have the SAMCO hoses but did not buy the clamps. One more in the 60k miles service to do list. Was told by my Triumph tech to wait until one fails or leaks.

Think we may be chasing a ghost. That's the exact same place it was leaking back in Feb before you changed to the Samco hoses isn't it?

Think we may be chasing a ghost. That's the exact same place it was leaking back in Feb before you changed to the Samco hoses isn't it?

It was coming from the big hose last time. No leaks again until now.

Hose clamp on the small hose leading from this fitting was loose and when tighened it would snug up, but
if you turned too far it would go loose again. Could it be the clamp on the hose? Thanks.
Yes, the clamp appears to be shot. If the clamp initially tightens up then goes loose, it is slipping on the worm drive portion. I have been able to tighten this up (since it is crimped together) when I was stuck without a replacement but they are available pretty well anywhere. Don't skimp on quality though. You get what you pay for.

Back