hossman

.040 Over
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT Triple Black Edition
Bought the bike new in Oct 2013 and currently have 8,100 miles on it. Does the coolant need to be changed or does it have life left on it?

No reason to change really. It's more costly than oil from Triumph and since it's a closed system, no real reason the change it out imho.

I also bought my bike in October of 2013. Just did my anti freeze last month, manual says every two years.
You should flush out you brakes also a two year interval, and more important than antifreeze, IMHO.

Might take the opportunity to add in a little "water wetter" as well, can't hurt and it might shave off a fraction of a degree of heat.

You should flush out you brakes also a two year interval, and more important than antifreeze, IMHO.

Brake fluid is hygroscopic, ie it sucks in moisture from the ambient air. Over time, that lowers the temperature at which it boils. Sufficiently contaminated stuff might boil during hard braking, which disables the brakes. So yeah, replace regularly. :)

Brake fluid is hygroscopic, ie it sucks in moisture from the ambient air. Over time, that lowers the temperature at which it boils. Sufficiently contaminated stuff might boil during hard braking, which disables the brakes. So yeah, replace regularly. :)

Enough moisture in there can lead to internal corrosion in the steel parts of the system (mainly master cylinders and callipers)

Back