Contemplating an R3 Purchase

The sales guy I am working with had the Service Manager research them, turns out they are Jardine "Rumblers" with baffles. They even sent me pictures from the back of the tailpipes where you can see the baffles. It's not that I am against a nice sounding exhaust, I just didn't want to end up with something that sounds like my .357 magnum.

And even if you think they're too loud, there are folks who really like them, and would buy them from you as Jardine no longer sells model for the Rocket.

Just a thought.
Those pipes are definitely Jardines and I bet you have a power commander somewhere on that bike. Your ready to really scoot on down the road. When new those pipes were about $1,200.

Those pipes are definitely Jardines and I bet you have a power commander somewhere on that bike. Your ready to really scoot on down the road. When new those pipes were about $1,200.
I agree you could sell those in a heartbeat but I wouldn't.

I like a bit of rumble, but I don’t understand drag pipes on a touring. They will drive you crazy after 60 miles or so.
Just my thoughts.

Hello Paul and welcome from Virginia; congratulations on that 2011. I hope it pans out for you. Wave as you pass by Dumfries, VA on your way.

Well gang,

This is the natural conclusion to this thread. After 41 hours and 1820 miles, Maine to North Carolina and back, I now have this sitting in my garage.

A big shout-out to Great Western Motorcycles of Statesville, NC for making sure this is the bike I was looking for. And of course a huge Thank you to my wife and sister in-law for coming along on this road trip.

When people look at me like I am crazy when I tell them I went all the way to North Carolina for this bike, I just tell them, "It's a motorcycle thing, you wouldn't understand."

20190331_114650.jpg

Well gang,

This is the natural conclusion to this thread. After 41 hours and 1820 miles, Maine to North Carolina and back, I now have this sitting in my garage.

A big shout-out to Great Western Motorcycles of Statesville, NC for making sure this is the bike I was looking for. And of course a huge Thank you to my wife and sister in-law for coming along on this road trip.

When people look at me like I am crazy when I tell them I went all the way to North Carolina for this bike, I just tell them, "It's a motorcycle thing, you wouldn't understand."

20190331_114650.jpg
Sweet, just sweet!

Back