Considering an R3? Whats accel like?

Ummmmm NO

The R3 is faster to 40 mph than the busa.:D

Jack- tell this guy what a fast busa really is.

The R3 is not faster to any speed than a stock Hayabusa. I own both. An R3 RIDER may be faster from zero to 40 than another Hayabusa RIDER. I will consede that.

Please do not kid yourself to think for a second that R3 can hang with a Hayabusa.....no, no, no, NO!

Gracias and muchas cervezas para todos!

Last edited:
Julio, I'm back.........

The GSXR1000 I can ride all day whithout any discomfort at all. No sore wrists, back or neck. I frequently do 500 mile days on that bike. I am 5-10 with 30 inch inseam..............

Let me distill this a little more. What essentially you are telling the world and us is that you are 5-10 with a 30 inch inseam and absolutely nothing between your ears but the mush which spaces your ears appropriately apart....right?

I can see your cranial space isn't occupied by much, your spelling is on par with a third grader. (whithout) is without and that's just one fragmented paragraph. I won't get into the rest of your diatribe.:D

919...whaaaaat????

Methinks the 919 rider has ridden too long without a helmet, and if he rides with one he must have bounced off the pavement a time or two.
If you like sportbikes fine, ride it/them and be happy but last I saw this was an R3 board and that means "most" of us like what we ride.
Your amateurish comments on "cruisers" being an "old mans" bike really gave you away, Archie Bunker would have called you a meathead, I can definitely think of some better names to describe your thinking.
Master sportbikes, where is the fun in that, so I can go fast...wow, I can go fast on a Gold Wing or my R3, both of which I currently own and thoroughly enjoy.
If you would, would you please go back to the "sportbike" website you originated from and go spout off that stupidity on that site and leave those of us who like to ride alone.
Here is another suggestion, sell your ...so slow R3 since you are "saving" it for those long rides and just take 4 days at 500 miles per and ride your GXR 1000 or whichever bike you seem to think doesn't stink and take that long trip you always wanted to make while we leave you far behind because we can travel distance, it appears, in a lot shorter time frame than you apparently can.
Riders such as yourself are the ones that contribute heavily to the abundance of roadside crosses and floral arrangements to be found at the scenes of a day gone wrong.
Thank you for you support...now go away kid...you and your drivel bother me.

Oh and by the way this thread originally dealt with some questions of whether this was a good bike to look at in order to purchase same. I believe he wanted to know if the R3 was a slouch in the acceleration department and was there some throttle action left along with the possiblility of an ocassional wheelie capability and the answer to those questions was a resounding no, yes, and yes.
Dennis

Last edited:
Master sportbikes, where is the fun in that, so I can go fast...wow, I can go fast on a Gold Wing or my R3, both of which I currently own and thoroughly enjoy.
If you would, would you please go back to the "sportbike" website you originated from and go spout off that stupidity on that site and leave those of us who like to ride alone.

Riders such as yourself are the ones that contribute heavily to the abundance of roadside crosses and floral arrangements to be found at the scenes of a day gone wrong.
Thank you for you support...now go away kid...you and your drivel bother me.

Dennis

As far as Mastering sportbikes, it has zero to do with speed. Mastering sportbikes is all about cornering and leaning to maximum lean angles. Fun stuff even at medium speeds. The leaning of the bike and all that goes with is something that you simply cannot do on a cruiser. The power of the sportbikes is really there for exit speed and acceleration out of corners. Straight line speed - who cares? Anyone can twist a throttle and hang on. I would have thought that you more mature R3 cruiser types would be more open to other types of riding and riders. What I post here is just personal findings and opinions, not facts for other people to adhere to nor believe. Other points of view - refreshing isn't it? Boring world if we all have the same thoughts and experiences. My first impressions of the R3 are fantastic. I love it! As soon as it is able to shift (but that's another story).

Riders like me contributing to roadside crosses and floral arrangements shows that you should have read my post more carefully. I am a pretty experienced, confident and self actualized sport bike rider. I do not take foolish risks on the street. I save them for the track. I mentioned that 90% of the guys riding sportbikes are riders who are in over their heads - squids. Of which, I am not.

My comment about cruiser riders being old, I knew would touch nerves. Good! These message boards are filled with the same mundane blah blah blah. If you do not think cruisers are an "old man's" bike - look in the mirror. They are - deal with it.

I am a rider, not a squidly - let me jump on a sportbike cuz it looks cool kind of guy. Make intelligent comments and try not to make generalizations about people who you do not know. When I meet a person for the first time, I hesitate to rush to labeling or judging to early.

Cheers... and continued safety and fun on your R3.

The GSXR1000 I can ride all day whithout any discomfort at all. No sore wrists, back or neck. I frequently do 500 mile days on that bike. I am 5-10 with 30 inch inseam..............

Let me distill this a little more. What essentially you are telling the world and us is that you are 5-10 with a 30 inch inseam and absolutely nothing between your ears but the mush which spaces your ears appropriately apart....right?

I can see your cranial space isn't occupied by much, your spelling is on par with a third grader. (whithout) is without and that's just one fragmented paragraph. I won't get into the rest of your diatribe.:D

Being able to ride comfortably on a sportbike and giving my height and inseam for others to compare to has nothing to do with cranial ability nor intelligence.

A typo by hitting the wrong key has nothing to do with spelling or grammar (not that I really care).

My posting was not meant to be a diatribe. I like the Rocket as a bike. It's a great machine. Good power, torque, comfort and looks. Sweet. Shifting sucks but hey, can't win 'em all.

Können wir alle nicht gerade auskommen?

My reply

919, my reply to you was based on your, as of your previous post, total of 8 posts on this site. If you think you hit a "nerve" then you are right, you did, I for one am 54 years old, I am old in body but not in spirit. Some of us have been riding for years, it appears, way beyond your experience or at least as the way you put it. I've ridden for over 37 years, I've personally owned 11 different types of motorcycles, some great, some good, some...just okay(and have ridden a multitude of others), but I have enjoyed them all for the types of riding I was able to do on them, no regrets.

A lot of them I "flogged" into the type of riding you mention that you seem to only think can be done on a "sportbike". Maybe the things that a "sportbike" can do well can be done faster and quicker than other types of bikes that's fine, but your condenscending tone is what got my dandruff (well since I am mostly bald, that might not be the best term to use) up as well as Sidecar Flip's comments into gear.

A lot of guys on here have a pretty good variety of riding styles and experiences under their belt. A lot us may think that your "narrow" focus on "sportbikes" is infantile, dangerous, or immature, or just coming from an inexperienced perspective...you probably don't, as you should, as only you can judge your type of riding experience. But to come here and make a blanket statement that we are just a bunch of "old rubes" (my emphasis) who can't ride anything else other than an "old man's" bike is doing us all a big disservice.

I have a gentleman over on the Gold Wing site known as Yellow Wolf who can ride your butt into the ground on the "Dragon" on a Gold Wing, but elsewhere you may be a better rider than him on a different layout. You appear to have racetrack experience, great, but a lot of us could give a rat's butt about riding around a race track...ho hum, in my personal experience, but to you it may be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

My point is on this site there is a wealth of knowledge concerning the Rocket, use it as such and don't belittle us because we don't come up to your expectations as riders, and we, more than likely, don't think you measure up to ours. Most of us are just happy that someone else is enjoying what we like to do...ride motorcycles.

Another note, leave the Hardley riders alone, they are in their own world and could care less that we ride Rockets, so we can pass Harley's with ease, I could do that on my Honda 305 Super Hawk in 1970...so what, I find myself pretty much leaving them alone as they are nothing to brag about. If they want to ride with me, fine, just keep up and don't slow me down.
Dennis

Last edited:
Bomb went off - dust settling....

To all members born prior to 1965...I have jumped into the fray with a bang. Sorry about ruffling feathers.

I do not doubt any other person's riding abilities. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses.

I am sure that there are guys who out ride me in their sleep, but I would gather to bet that the main reason most of us ride is not to see who can out ride whom.

I ride simply for the love of riding. Testing my skills on a sport bike or enjoying the scenery on the Rocket or the 919.

I am a lone wolf rider by nature. Can't stand to ride in packs or groups. Tried it, hate it. Too many stops, too rigid of a schedule and route. I like to get on the bike and go. If I change plans and courses on a whim, I don't ask if the other riders mind, I just go.

I have only logged 643 miles the first week on the Rocket and except for the fact that it wont shift (another story), I love the bike. I am looking forward to cruising this beast all up and down the West Coast, from San Diego to Seattle.

Yes, I can ride all day 6, 7, 8 hours at a stretch on the ****** rocket and no discomfort at all. I love it.

Alles nehmen Sie alte Fürze gehen, Ihre Pillen und treffen Begräbnisvorbereitungen, so werden Ihre Familien dazu nicht haben.

919-- If I can locate the accompaning vid it is a drag between gsxr 1000 and a Rocket. The Rocket takes it out of the hole and at least the 1/8 mile.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/archive/86493/87271/87283/87285/?&R=EPI-87285

Times vs the busa here:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/892/attachments/rocket%20iii.pdf

I was born in 1975, so not all cruiser owners are geezers like all of these other guys.:D I scratched the sport bike itch long ago. The Rocket keeps me more than happy now.

Only problem I have is the helmet on your avatar. Everyone knows the AFC West belongs to KC.:D

Back