Compiled Dynos, I was bored

electric_reverse_kit_bike_engine_car_4.jpg

I hadn't heard anything about the torque that @martym52 mentioned, but it's possible. I did hear about the 3000 cc class limit he mentioned, since it runs 2 Rocket motors.
Being kind of a tech. nerd and reading about the streamliner early on, I read about the difficulties of laying power down on the salt. Changing the bore would have decreased displacement, but de-stroking was the answer because you can't throttle up below 200 mph when the ground effects from aerodynamics start to come into play.
CASTROL ROCKET SPECS:
• Chassis: Carbon Kevlar monocoque
• Dimensions: 25’ x 2’ x 3’
• Engines: Two Triumph Rocket III engines
• Horsepower: 1,000-plus-horsepower at 9,000 rpm
• Torque: 500-plus lbs. combined
• Suspension: Custom made by Hot Rod Conspiracy
• Fuel: Methanol
• Tires: Goodyear Land Speed Special

Last edited:
Being kind of a tech. nerd and reading about the streamliner early on, I read about the difficulties of laying power down on the salt. Changing the bore would have decreased displacement, but de-stroking was the answer because you can't throttle up below 200 mph when the ground effects from aerodynamics start to come into play.
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the clarification.

With enough money and time, right ? Wouldn't you have a small transmission that would be behind the engine that would be solely for the reverse, and then have a shorter drive shaft ?

And who knows, maybe it was an option for his trike the original owner didn't choose, and just a matter of taking it back to them ?

Just thinking out loud, the bigger the machine, the more important the reverse. I know the big BMW has reverse, I could be wrong but thought I saw a Goldwing one time with reverse.
My 1997 Goldwing SE had a reverse. If I remember right it was a 2 or 5 hp electrical motor.

Last edited:
Could be, just what I heard. Triumph gearbox is pretty full, but I'm no expert.

Back