Coming off...Protection below the waist?

Ha ha ha.. Yeah.. Well I think k the bike has got the beast part of the translation and I've got the stupid one.. After all I was the one that fell off at a wee bit over 120mph

I'm an ATGAT convert. Not because I had an accident but because my son took up riding and I offered to buy him a full custom fit MotoPort kevlar suit if he'd promise to wear it. He said sure, so he got it and then I got sucked back into riding after 35 years being out of it? I couldn't just ride in jeans like I used to or even an open face helmet and expect him to ride ATGAT, so I had to spring for the $1200 suit and $700 Schubert C3Pro helmet. It is one of the best decisions I've ever made. It only took a couple of rides to develop the habit and attitude of ATGAT and it doesn't detract from my riding enjoyment in the least. The MotoPort kevlar mesh is a broad weave and is perfectly comfortable even in extremely hot weather. You just have to try it to believe it. Way, way more practical than leather, and just as geekish looking IMHO.
Ok..i'll bite...what the hell is ATGAT ?....My missus comes home from the hospital where she works talking shorthand too...

Ha ha ha.. Yeah.. Well I think k the bike has got the beast part of the translation and I've got the stupid one.. After all I was the one that fell off at a wee bit over 120mph

Ya beat me . . . years ago I went off at 110 mph.

You have NOT posted where you are from, Amigo, So as far as I can find, these are not sold in the US.

I wear this brand and bought them from the US. About $240 of your Yankee beans iirc.

My only gripe is they can only be washed about 30 times before the structural integrity of the 'fabric' is comprised. I ride daily so air them at night and don't ride commando....

I wear this brand and bought them from the US. About $240 of your Yankee beans iirc.

My only gripe is they can only be washed about 30 times before the structural integrity of the 'fabric' is comprised. I ride daily so air them at night and don't ride commando....

Where did you find out about their shortened life with washing?

There website info tends to rave about their "wash after wash" performance
Motor Cycle Cargo Jeans | Protection for the motor cyclist | Resurgence Gear

They appear to be 'the duck's guts'.

I can't remember if it was their website or a performance review/comparo between brands. The conclusion was that regardless of brand/construction or fibre used, detergents break them down over time.

I'll see if I can dig up the info because it talked about "half life' too...eg. when new the resurgence jeans are good for an 8-9 second slide at 100km/h but after X number of washes that was down to 4 seconds

Most of the time when I ride it is back and forth to work. Been doing a hell of that lately. To buy special pants for that seems to me to be pretty **** silly. I have a leather Jacket with pads still in and winter pants with pads still in. I will not ride with out a helmet but the idea of being so concern about getting into a bad situation that you go out and spend money on even more protection tells me one that maybe you do not ride much or you just have a lot of money to piss away. Can understand the need for it I guess.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Back