Coming off...Protection below the waist?

Douglas

"Ardbeg Man"
Ride
2010 Rocket Roadster with Jardines 2006 Kawasaki Concours
Hey folks...I searched the forum and did not come up with any threads I thought useful...I am getting ready to spring for pro below the waist and am finding that the possibilites are more varied than I anticipated. I guess choice is a good thing but am now bewildered by reviews and options...anybody care to share there wisdom...hard earned or not. Thanks in advance.
  • Kevlar jeans?
  • Leather pants?
  • Expensive one piece suits?
  • Bohn type under armour with jeans over them?
-Doug

I use "Sliders" sometimes, leather pants once in awhile and water proof textile padded pants frequently.
Plain Dickeys with added knee protection works well also. Tis ALL good.

Textiles usually. Interested in kevlar jeans just wonder if they're too hot? Have heard the under armor isn't so good? Going to try rip-stops with knee pads. I'd say anything is better than nothing protective.

CE approved armored synthetics for me, both mesh and non-mesh. I wear Olympia Moto Sports gear almost exclusively for I believe that their gear more often than not offers the best bang for the buck.

http://olympiamotosports.com/

Leather is hot, restrictive and/or quite expensive for quality. Bohn is a partial Band-aid solution that does not provide comprehensive protection without additional layers and kevlar "Draggin" - style jeans fall woefully short in protection against either bad or high-impact falls or crashes, IMO. Their really only helpful in light to very moderate slides, again, IMO.

Thanks everyone...Tom and Phil I went to those websites you recommeded...some really interesting products for protection...expected to see draggin jeans from Austraila...they said they were "Proudly made in the USA"

My below the waist protection.
0012s_0001_Magnum_XL_large.jpg

Last edited:
Back