05classic

.020 Over
I have a 05R3 and lived in Minnesota now centeral Texas when temps. got 50 and colder the battrey just didn't have the power to start the Rocket. So I bought an Odyssey PC625 and cramed it in w/mods th the box Now this Morning with 28 degrees the engine started w/no problem. If you are having trouble with cold weather starts get an Odyssey bat!!

05Classic,
yep the odyssey is the way to go.
Kinda expensive, but worth every penny.
Tight fit to say the least.
Did you remove the battery box and bend the lip down?
I got paranoid about it after a couple of years and did.
The battery had NO damage, but being hard headed I did it anyway.
Glad you like it.
I highly recommend it and a stebil horn, to any who'll listen.

#Link Removed Link Removed

.020 Over

Rocket III Classic 2006

16 Posts

My first cold day of winter here, any where from -2 to +3c, my 10 month old battery would not start the bike. I got a genuine triumph battery charger with the wiring harness so I didn't have to take the seat of, no help. I then got the next battery upgrade from ytx20l-bs to a ytx20hl-bs. Still the same issue, get home from work when it was warmer, start up, charge all day and night, show fully charged, first thing in the morning, a couple of engine turns, then nothing. I changed the oil, checked the wiring after reading all the threads here, still nothing, was getting so frustrated, depressed, angry, all of the above. Had a price for a new starter, eeeeeeeeeeeek, no option. Last effort, another battery after reading about the odyssey pc625. Here in Australia another option was given to me, a cheaper yet more powerful yet still American, the Deka range. I went big, the Deka AGM ETX16, had to do a few mods, but, WOW, and WOW. Fastest I have ever heard the starter turn the motor. Highly reccommend it. There is a smaller one which fits straight in without mods but I was so pissed off with the other batteries I thought what the heck, cut the top rear of the battery metal strap, put a slight riser in the base so the battery wouldn't sit on the lip of metal since it is wider, it is secure with the rubber strap, it has pure grunt and staying power. Highly recommended after months of uncertainly of cold starts. hope this helps all who have suffered with my same issue. Cheers.
My first cold day of winter here, any where from -2 to +3c, my 10 month old battery would not start the bike. I got a genuine triumph battery charger with the wiring harness so I didn't have to take the seat of, no help. I then got the next battery upgrade from ytx20l-bs to a ytx20hl-bs. Still the same issue, get home from work when it was warmer, start up, charge all day and night, show fully charged, first thing in the morning, a couple of engine turns, then nothing. I changed the oil, checked the wiring after reading all the threads here, still nothing, was getting so frustrated, depressed, angry, all of the above. Had a price for a new starter, eeeeeeeeeeeek, no option. Last effort, another battery after reading about the odyssey pc625. Here in Australia another option was given to me, a cheaper yet more powerful yet still American, the Deka range. I went big, the Deka AGM ETX16, had to do a few mods, but, WOW, and WOW. Fastest I have ever heard the starter turn the motor. Highly reccommend it. There is a smaller one which fits straight in without mods but I was so pissed off with the other batteries I thought what the heck, cut the top rear of the battery metal strap, put a slight riser in the base so the battery wouldn't sit on the lip of metal since it is wider, it is secure with the rubber strap, it has pure grunt and staying power. Highly recommended after months of uncertainly of cold starts. hope this helps all who have suffered with my same issue. Cheers.

I have a 05R3 and lived in Minnesota now centeral Texas when temps. got 50 and colder the battrey just didn't have the power to start the Rocket. So I bought an Odyssey PC625 and cramed it in w/mods th the box Now this Morning with 28 degrees the engine started w/no problem. If you are having trouble with cold weather starts get an Odyssey bat!!

Whats cold weather, only kidding I hate it when it falls below 75 degrees.:p

Back