Stalling when coasting in neutral, hard hot starts need throttle

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
I have had this issue since brand new, and I'm not the only one:

2007 Rocket III Classic, stalling when coming to stop?

Stalling when starting warm

brand new R3 stalls out in traffic - YIKES!

Occasional stalling coming to stop

How did you fix your stalling problem?

And there's a whole host of other search results.

Having tried ISCV reset endless times, fueling adjustments, ignition timing adjustments, TB balancing, linkage cleaning/oiling, and then of course all the engine changes, it always amazed me this problem persisted... until 5 minutes ago.

How?

Stupid simple fix, turn the gold screw further in (won't be gold on yours).. This screw sets the minimum opening of the actual primary throttle blades directly. The ISCV isn't the fastest acting device and I believe the stalling has always been a result of it's lag between actually opening the blades far enough to prevent stalling, and being just a tad too slow to prevent it. By turning the screw in you're preventing the blades from closing so far that the bike can't idle, ISCV doesn't know the difference.
20190930_124614.jpg

Haha,yeah, I always seemed to have missed the "turn the screw part", no idea how I overlooked that.

Having tried ISCV reset endless times, fueling adjustments, ignition timing adjustments, TB balancing, linkage cleaning/oiling, and then of course all the engine changes, it always amazed me this problem persisted... until 5 minutes ago.

How?

Stupid simple fix, turn the gold screw further in (won't be gold on yours).. This screw sets the minimum opening of the actual primary throttle blades directly. The ISCV isn't the fastest acting device and I believe the stalling has always been a result of it's lag between actually opening the blades far enough to prevent stalling, and being just a tad too slow to prevent it. By turning the screw in you're preventing the blades from closing so far that the bike can't idle, ISCV doesn't know the difference.
20190930_124614.jpg

Gump ! You are a Genius. Thanks for the trick fix.

How?

20190930_124614.jpg
Once again Claviger to save the day! Just wanted to say thanks man. Since I adjusted my valves (which were all very tight from the factory!), My idle lag in transition got unacceptable. Mostly during hot starts, but I could tell it was starting to become a problem In town to. I dug my way to the adjustment tonight because it was getting really bad. In 30 min my problem solved. I probably owe you a case of beer or what ever by now.

20190930_124614.jpg
Was having slow idle/stalling issues and after doing a search, stumbled onto this. Now all is good. This is a great place.

Back