Coil Over Plug mod (COP) for standard coil removal

No problems to date! Though I do need to do the starter mod now... Different issue. Never ends... Glad to see you're refining the install!

John

I only intended warning, and when you give advice I know it comes from experience, and so I try to heed it perhaps a bit more so than other sources.

So when you did it, did you pair the coil positives to the positive on the bike and coil triggers to the triggers on the bike?

I guess being 5 years ago the best answer would come from Tony haha.

If you can be bothered could you snap a pic of the the coils wiring at some point?

I’ll move forward with them as in the first post then. @JSHRAM youve not had any issues since initial installation I assume?

@JSHRAM @Claviger

Did you purchase used with the sub-harness in order to get the matching connectors ?

And I don't understand your point about new female blade connectors. If discarding the stock coils, why need blade connectors at all (unless preserving the ability to return the bike to stock) ?

And I don't understand your point about new female blade connectors. If discarding the stock coils, why need blade connectors at all (unless preserving the ability to return the bike to stock) ?
Paul - The original blades have a tendency to come loose from all accounts. Upgrading cannot be a bad thing. Do I take it you are planning this mod'?. Not there myself yet - but thinking a little about it.

I thought about it but decided not to go that route yet. First and only real reason being well my coils work fine. Another thing one should consider is are going to work on the bike or expect some mechanic to lift the tank and magically understand what you did? When you're already lucky he might understand and be able to follow the manual.

I thought about it but decided not to go that route yet. First and only real reason being well my coils work fine. Another thing one should consider is are going to work on the bike or expect some mechanic to lift the tank and magically understand what you did? When you're already lucky he might understand and be able to follow the manual.

One thing you have to admit is that it really cleans up the mess under the tank. But yes all things considered you are absolutely right.

Back