Clutch gone after 2 months......

Thanks for the kind words and support here brothers. Best forum. I have been smashed a little on Facebook pages for daring to criticise the bike - which I have only done in good faith to try to see if others had the same problems and if not, pre-warn them about Triumph's approach to warranties.

I'll keep you updated this week how it goes. I am honestly hoping common sense prevails because I love this bike. I am not enjoying riding something else in the meantime. :)

It sounds like a one off to me, and Triumph should cover it.
I would think we would have more bikes with same problem by now otherwise.
You can't believe we are all riding them like the grandpa's we are!😁
:) I hoped not brother. I did get one response a while back from someone on Facebook lecturing me that it was a "cruiser" and I should ride accordingly and not be such a "hoon". (Not that I am). He got shot down by others before I had a chance to respond.

:roll:Thanks for the kind words and support here brothers. Best forum. I have been smashed a little on Facebook pages for daring to criticise the bike - which I have only done in good faith to try to see if others had the same problems and if not, pre-warn them about Triumph's approach to warranties.

I'll keep you updated this week how it goes. I am honestly hoping common sense prevails because I love this bike. I am not enjoying riding something else in the meantime. :)
Triumph didn't want to know about the circlip issues when a few riders took it to them - mine self destructed outside of warranty so I didn't bother trying.

My dealer told me straight up he would never trade my bike because he knows its history and how it has been ridden ... told me to buy a Speed Triple :roll:

So why did Triumph void the warranty claim? What is the whole story?
I am still waiting on updates after following up with the UK.

HQ in the UK has now passed the buck back to Australian Distributor and saying case sits with them. Both myself and dealer (and others) are now waiting. I am giving them a few more days before following up again as they have not returned any correspondence from me directly as yet. **** I miss the bike. I am being patient - as I said, I am pretty easy going until I am not so giving them a chance to do the right thing. I intend to update the forum on things as they happen for those interested and following this.

I could not imagine this with any other brand I have owned dragging out like this.

Lots of brands pull this crap nowadays! And to the others who mentioned attorneys, they are right! It's sad you have to come to the fight with guns blazing when there could have been a peace treaty!

Just went through this on my 130k corvette zr1...dealer forgot to install a center front splitter bracket during pre-delivery inspection. I was going 160mph and the splitter came off and grinded on the road...the splitter is a full carbon fiber piece that costs over 2k. Initially they told me I had to pay for it! I was able to provide evidence that the front splitter bracket was not installed at the originating dealer (the originating dealer had facebook posts with car pics that showed the piece was NOT installed).

With that evidence and an attorney GM decided to step up and pay. Imagine that! They paid my attorneys fees as well.

Go for the jugular! Once they know you aint playing, they wont play with you!

Back