Clutch gone after 2 months......

Turn it off doc and do what you do. Get that clutch out of your hand and smoke it brother
If the TC is completely off I think a full dump of the clutch would be fine. How can be sure it is completely off? The bike does not wheelie like the older models and that makes me think some sort of “nanny” is still partially on.:mad:

If the TC is completely off I think a full dump of the clutch would be fine. How can be sure it is completely off? The bike does not wheelie like the older models and that makes me think some sort of “nanny” is still partially on.:mad:
Hope not

that makes me think some sort of “nanny” is still partially on.:mad:

Pages 70 and 100 from handbook... re possible "nanny".....

integrated brakes.JPG
brakes mint.JPG

QUOTE........ "All I did in this case was to try warm the tyres with a small burnout.".......

You know, all the factory-bashing in this thread is all very well, but.... (see the "caution" clip in the previous post...)

If the factory warns you NOT to do burnouts which "will cause damage to the braking system and drivetrain.."

.... and then you DO a burnout...... and you DO cause damage to your drivetrain (in this case the clutch) ....

Then what do you expect the factory will say??????

It is amazing to me that a factory would not foresee a situation like this and add some sort of protection against it happening given the severity of potential damage it could cause. With all the computing power that modern bikes have and the built in nannies they should have made it impossible to destroy a clutch so easily.

At the end of the day this is the question: should the company protect me from my own stupidity by integrating as much little helpers as possible or shall I have the right to kill my toy at my own risk?

Hard to answer.

But the longer this thread takes the better I understand their position.

And to be honest: I support it because I do not want to pay for the abuse others do...

TC = Traction control
A little story.
Vehicles without tc u can raise the tires off the ground and run them through the gears to check transmission shifting.
Vehicles with tc (most of the time) raised off the ground will start appling the brakes so it is impossible to get the speed over 10 mph.
SO
IF u take a rocket and u set both wheels in concrete and let it dry and then rev it up and dump the clutch u will find the weakest part.
My best guess would be the clutches.
I looked at those clutches real close
Correct amount of frictions and steels and in correct position .
The only other thing would be clutch cable adjustment way off or driver error.

Back